We Have a Winner of SANS vLive!!
The year is at an end, the mercury is dropping quickly and yet we have reason to celebrate. EH-Net member SephStorm has earned this great prize and thus will have a head start into the 2015 of his dreams. He has won one free 2015 vLive course from SANS Institute, the most trusted source for information security training, certification and research. vLive courses meet live online twice each week for six weeks and include six months on online archive access. Each vLive course is taught by a top SANS instructor in an interactive online classroom, includes all of SANS’ standard course materials, and never requires travel.
Didn’t win this time? No worries. EH-Netters still get
$150 OFF Any SANS Course in Any Format
with Coupon Code: SANS_EHN150
Congratulations and many thanks for your continued contributions to EH-Net and the wider security community. The winner was chosen from the group of those most prolific in the EH-Net Community Forums. This month’s giveaway was worth $4615 – $5350, so well done! We’ll do it again soon.
Even if you’re not a winner of SANS vLive this time around, here’s a little more info to make you eager to go try it on your own.
SANS vLive allows you to attend SANS courses from the convenience of your home or office.
Simply log in at the scheduled times and join your instructor and classmates in an interactive virtual classroom. Classes typically meet two evenings a week for five or six weeks. No other SANS training format gives you as much time with our top instructors!
SANS vLive classes are:
- Convenient – Most classes meet two evenings a week over several weeks, minimizing the impact upon your work and personal schedules.
- Engaging – vLive classes are live and interactive, allowing you to ask questions and share experiences with your instructor and classmates.
- Cost-Effective – You can save thousands of dollars on travel costs, making vLive an ideal solution for students with limited training budgets or travel bans.
- Repeatable – vLive classes are recorded and placed in an online archive in case you miss a session or just wish to view the material again at a later date.
- Complete – You will receive the same books and course materials that conference students receive.
- Take SANS’ Top Courses from SANS’ Top Instructors.
- Classes meet online in a virtual classroom.
- No travel expenses or missed days of work.
- Classes meet two evenings a week for several weeks.
SANS vLive Schedule for 2015 (Not Complete)
- Jan. 19 – Feb. 25 SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Jan. 27 – Mar. 5 SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth
- Feb. 2 – Mar. 11 SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
- Feb. 10 – Mar. 19 SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Feb. 23 – Apr. 1 FOR585: Advanced Smartphone and Mobile Device Forensics
- Mar. 3 – Apr. 9 MGT414: SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam
- Mar. 9 – Apr. 15 FOR508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
- Mar. 23 – Apr. 29 SEC575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking
- Apr. 6 – May 13 SEC501: Advanced Security Essentials – Enterprise Defender
- Apr. 14 – May 21 SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
- Apr. 21 – May 28 FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics and Analysis
- May 5 – Jun. 11 SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
- May 12 – Jun. 11 MGT512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials For Managers with Knowledge Compression™
- Jun. 1 – Jul. 8 FOR408: Windows Forensic Analysis
- Jun. 9 – Jul. 16 MGT414: SANS® +S™ Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam
- Jun. 15 – Jul. 22 SEC575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking
- Jul. 6 – Aug. 12 SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Jul. 14 – Aug. 20 FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Aug. 4 – Sep. 10 SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
For a complete and regularly updated list, please visit the SANS vLive Course Page.
Category: EH-Net News