We Have Winners!
One of the most commonly asked questions we get on EH-Net is how to get into pen testing as a profession. From those who are just out of school to the many who are looking to redirect their technical careers, the questions are obvious… the answers are not always easy to find. We do our best here at EH-Net to help provide the answers, but there has always been one question without an answer… until now. Is there a class that will teach me the basics of pen testing? Armando Romeo of eLearnSecurity (eLS) has an answer for you, "When you are new to something, you find yourself wasting 50% of your time struggling just to find your path. Don’t give up! Our new offering, Penetration Testing Training Course – Student, will provide you with all the answers and the skills you need to move your first steps towards a career as a penetration tester. Designed and written by Armando Romeo in cooperation with a junior pentration tester, this course answers all the fears, doubts and hunger for knowledge of anyone at day 0 of their penetration testing career." So we have 2 announcements for all of you:
1. The 3 winning EH-Net Members are angel.wardriver, data_raid & timmedin.
2. The 5% Discount Continues! This EXCLUSIVE Offer for EH-Netters has been extended indefinitely!! So when you’re ready, SIGN UP HERE.
Armando also wanted to personally "thank all EH-Netters for the great success the Professional Course has had, and we’ve just released the 1.1 version of Penetration Testing Pro (PTP) with more content yet the same price." With the continued interest on EH-Net in PTP, we have created a Forum Board specifically for eCPPT, the cert for the PTP course.
There’s no better time like the new year to focus your attention on what you really want out of life. Is it pen testing? Find out if this career path is really for you with more info after the break and at the link above. And at this price, it’s worth it! Congrats to the winners.
Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; help a newbie… quality is more important than quantity.
Only members are eligible!
A few more interesting thoughts on this new course for beginners:
• It will not just contain how to hack, but aims at giving career path advices and all the background information required to move into more advanced courses (such as a vocabulary and the answer to most asked questions)
• Student learns from the shoulder of an ethical hacker: there is a character in our course who handles a pentest from the engagement, throughout the testing phase, to the reporting phase. The students discovers each technique involved in each step with videos, examples and quizzes.
• It’s completely different interface from the Professional course: 100% interactive and branched. Everytime the student makes a choice and proceed in the learning path (it’s more entertaining).
• Certification is not provided
• Prepares for the Professional course
• Price starts at $249 (launch price). More services can be bundled such as mentorship from an instructor and further labs (at a premium). This ensures that the base price stays low and who can and wants, can get more paying more.
• Some of the techniques tools taught:
o Basic Info gathering
o Port scanning
o Exploitation with Metasploit
o John the ripper
o Buffer overflows
o Social Engineering Toolkit
Fior more information, please visit:
Category: EH-Net News