divine

  • @shakuni wrote:

    Any security book you read is covered in pen from the technical corrections you’ve made.

    Very true.

    Oh geez +1 to that….

  • divine replied to the topic Virus Software in the forum Opinions 13 years, 5 months ago

    @jason wrote:

    I’d definitely say Clam on Linux. Or for that matter, just Linux ;D

    +1 or Mac for that matter 😉

    As far as AV products, there is a great online stats site that keeps current coverage statistics for most popular AV Vendors… Check it out man…

    http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2008_05.php

  • divine replied to the topic Stolen CC# in the forum Other 13 years, 5 months ago

    This is where it gets very gray, as it has been explained to me 15 U.S.C. § 1681c-1 authorizes consumers to obtain fraud alerts, AND in emergency situations it can allow authorized representatives to obtain them on your behalf, HOWEVER, when LifeLock calls and claims 1. That they are you (which they consistently do) or 2. That their is a…[Read more]

  • divine replied to the topic Stolen CC# in the forum Other 13 years, 5 months ago

    Ok since I work in the credit reporting arena I will comment on the LifeLock lawsuit briefly. Understand that technically what LifeLock does IS VERY ILLEGAL. If you choose to put fraud alerts on your account. That is fine and dandy and any of the 3 bureau’s (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) will accomodate that. HOWEVER, let me explain what actually…[Read more]

  • divine replied to the topic Blackmail Trojan in the forum Malware 13 years, 5 months ago

    It is not too hard to hide the trail of money these days… especially if you can move it through some particular foreign countries that make retrieving data VERY difficult. I am not going to get into detail because I don’t want to give a tutorial on how to do this and get away clean but let’s just say that foreign commodities are a great way to…[Read more]

  • Man what a cool show, I have never heard of it until now. Definitely going to set the DVR.

  • @oneeyedcarmen wrote:

    divine wrote:
    …is very tricky to handle in court, because you have selected THAT employee for a level of monitoring beyond the rest of your employees it can also fall into the realm of discrimination.

    It’s been my impression, though I am a bit newer to this field than many of you, that for an organization to employ the…[Read more]

  • @Efferri wrote:

    Keylog the suspected user’s terminal.  This will eliminate any legal issues (I am assuming the terminal and IT equipment is owned by the company)… Keylogging will also eliminate encryption as an obstacle.

    Plus, if you AREN’T who you say you are, it will be a little more difficult to install a keylogger and have logs sent to you…

    [Read more]

  • divine replied to the topic IPv6 in the forum Network Pen Testing 13 years, 5 months ago

    personal opinon, ready, set, go:

    IPv6 is a pain and from strictly a personal perspective I don’t think it is necessary to learn it right now, even those who are being forced to change (my company included) are not going to change use anything except IPv4 internally. Honestly, there is no need to change our internal IP space so I don’t see it…[Read more]

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?