5 Day Instructor- led CEH Training - Expectations

<<

PAL1144

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 pm

5 Day Instructor- led CEH Training - Expectations

Hi All,

Can any body please provide some details on this topic? I am planning to take training in 2 months, and I just started studying (Hacking related books – listed in this site).

Currently  working in the Information security field, my nature of work  touches various type of tasks(application security, windows OS Security, Security Auditing, etc) And I hold some certifications like CISSP,CISA,MCSE,CCNA, etc.
So I am wondering what kind of expectation I should have in the 5 days training (planning to take the exam (CEH V5) on the 5th day). And I am not planning to be a hardcore hacker (I am not that smart like you all) and planning to acquire these skills to use it in my future jobs. (Auditing, Security Management etc).

Sincerely expecting your thoughts on this topic…
Appreciate the help…

And my thanks to who ever is running this forum, it’s really a big help for newbie like me…  8)
Security Policy - Action, even if imperfect, is better than inaction
<<

LSOChris

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:33 am

Re: 5 Day Instructor- led CEH Training - Expectations

i'd be willing to bet with your background, you'll pass the test no problem, of course you have to study.

I believe Don was able to get his materials early, you could try that to help with your studying.
Last edited by LSOChris on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:59 am

First of all, welcome to EH-Net. Thanks for contributing.

What Chris says is accurate. With your credentials, you should have no problem with the course. That being said, I took the CEH course with v4 where there was no programming modules, so I can't say how you'll stack up with your current set of credentials and not knowing you and your work. Chris' second point is also true. I asked my course provider to send me the materials in the mail before the classes began. They replied that they normally hand out all materials on the first day of class, but since I asked, they had no problems sending me the books on their dime. By the time the instructor went through the material, it was a review for me. That gave me plenty of time to concentrate on topics that I felt deserved closer attention.

As I always recommend when studying for any cert exam (see my Recommended Study Method), study from several sources. Let me know what you think.

Hope this helps,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

PAL1144

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:05 am

Thanks for the inputs.
It’s really a great idea to get the material early, I will try my best to persuade the course provider to send me the books early. So what kind of training (spending most of the time in lab exercises or more of learning the concepts) would help for Exam and as well as for gaining knowledge.
(Lets assume its 5 days class and end of 5th day is Exam)

Another Question...
I have been trying to get information from EC-Council on getting the ATP (Authorized Training Provider) in INDIA, but no response from them so far. Is that any other place/way I can get this information...Your thoughts?

I really wonder why this has to be confidential information and you have to send E-mail (probably follow-up) to receive this information.
If the Training center says they are the ATP, you don’t have option by just checking over the EC-Council Website and confirm that…Hmm..

Thanks
Security Policy - Action, even if imperfect, is better than inaction

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker