San Diego, CA
March 29 - April 6, 2007

Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
One Market Street
San Diego, CA 92101 US
Phone: 619-232 1234
Fax: 619-233 6464

Dear Colleague,

I am pleased to invite you to join me March 29 - April 5 in downtown San Diego for SANS 2007!

In an interesting trend shift, we are beginning to see organizations assigning operational responsibility to their system administration/technical personnel, holding these teams accountable for security breaches of all sorts. This underscores the need for qualified IT professionals to be trained across all disciplines - audit, legal, management, operations, and security. SANS provides education in the essential best practices and hands-on skills needed today.

At SANS 2007 we offer you 22 of our immersion training programs as well as many other shorter courses to round out your week. This includes one of the newest additions to the SANS course catalog. Legal 523: Legal Issues in Information Technology and Information Security is the "soup to nuts" combination of SANS top four one-day legal classes with acclaimed instructor Ben Wright and a must for anyone in the audit and legal community!

Of course, no SANS national event would be complete without an extensive Vendor Tools Expo & Reception where you'll get to see live demonstrations of cutting-edge technologies. There will also be numerous SANS Lunch & Learn presentations and Cocktail Briefs to help you find the right mix of tools and solutions for your company's unique challenges.

Then, for a bit of fun, we've got GEEK Games for you in San Diego! We have brought back the Cyber Defense and Attack Training Simulator with Tim Rosenberg. Bring your laptop along to help your team secure its network while under fire from the opposing network and sideline attackers. Rob Kolstad will once again be hosting the SANS Quiz Show, an onstage event where you can compete for fabulous prizes by correctly answering questions on technology, general knowledge, and popular culture.

This year, we are proud to introduce the SANS Future Visions and Decisions Summit which will help you stay on the cutting edge of information security technology. This interactive summit will be held on March 29th and 30th at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and we invite you to join us if you can.

At SANS 2007, you'll learn more than you can imagine and have countless opportunities to expand your network of security experts and friends. So start making your plans today to join me in San Diego - I look forward to meeting you there!

Warm regards,
Stephen Northcutt
President
SANS Technology Institute

For more info:
http://www.sans.org/info/2366

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

securinate

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:59 am

Re: SANS 2007

Thanks for the info.  Heading to the SANS Norfolk Conference happening earlier that month.  Looking forward to the GCIH track.
GCIA | Network+ | SSP-MPA
<<

Cutaway

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:11 am

I give SANS in SD the thumbs way up.  Alot of fun.  Of course the only reason that I left the hotel is because my buddies came and dragged me away from the meetings.

Have fun if you make it out there.
Cutaway
Go forth and do good things,
Cutaway
<<

rennen

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 pm

I am already registered for SANS SD.  :)

Return to Calendar Of Events