help with man in middle attacks

<<

mkochendorfer

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 am

help with man in middle attacks

is it possible for a man in the middle attack to lead to raid array or rather the creation of dynamic disk usage with hdd's? I swear it joined me to a domain I cant get out of. Admin turned to ADMINS with roaming profiles....

After clean re install what should I do?

Does even nook color need clean install?

How can i safeguard against this in future?

anything funny I can send to middle man that lets him know he is BUSTED and shame on him tsk tsk.

I am a student in ITT more of a networking and san field however.
Thank you for any help you may contribute in advance!  :-*
--MeganK
<<

MrTuxracer

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: help with man in middle attacks

MITM attacks in their original form are mainly used for intercepting / sniffing traffic. So this could probably lead to a compromised administrative account on your local machine or your network, and this could lead to a lot of interesting behaviours of course. But you need to have some major "open doors" on your network for a MITM within your network to be successful. It's more likely that a single workstation infected with some kind of (keylogging) malware is the source of such a threat.

Anyways, it's hard to assess wether it's a real incident or just some kind of new gpo being rolled out without any further details ;-)

Regards.
eCPPT, HP ASE (Networking), LPIC-1, OSCP, WCSP
http://www.rcesecurity.com
<<

Eliseo52

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: help with man in middle attacks

Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.

Return to Malware