Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 am

CC Cure teams up with CDM

CCCURE and CYBER DEFENSE MAGAZINE FORM STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP

cdupuis writes "

My good friend who many of you may know by name, Gary S. Miliefsky, has started his own magazine.  As you may know he has been a lead cover story writer for Hakin9 for the past few years among many other activities in our field.  I am very excited to have establish a partnership with Cyber Defense Magazine (CDM).  Gary was one of my students dozen of years ago,  even at that time he was a forward thinker,  he was showing us an appliance he built to do vulnerability scanning and detection on networks,  at the time the concept seemed a bit nebulous but today it is a common practice.  That's how far ahead he's always thinking.

His new publication is Cyber Defense Magazine (CDM) and it includes a monthly email newsletter called CDM - Cyber Warnings.  The question is always,  what's the price of all of this? The answer is simple, the Digital Edition is FREE.  You can sign up for the Magazine and the monthly emails at NO COST.  If you want a print edition of the publication, there's a reasonable subscription fee, but why not just get the free edition?  No strings attached.

CDM has also established a partnership with the University of Massachuset (UMASS),  Gary has started the Cyber Defense Test Labs (CDTL) to perform independent lab reviews of next generation INFOSEC products for his new magazine.

I know this magazine is going to be very high quality because Gary has a great deal of hands-on experience in this field.  He is a member of ISC2.org, CISSP® and Advisory Board of the Center for the Study of Counter-Terrorism and Cyber Crime at Norwich University.  A dynamic speaker, he has presented at two White House Summits on cyber security, the RSA Conference, CSI, and many others.  Gary served as an informal advisor to President Clinton and helped the President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board, under the Bush Administration, which is now known as the National Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIAC) and operates within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in their development of The National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace.  Gary is a Founding Member of the US Department of Homeland Security (http://www.DHS.gov), he currently serves on the advisory board of MITRE on the CVE Program (http://CVE.mitre.org) and is a founding Board member of the National Information Security Group (http://www.NAISG.org).

Cyber Defense Magazine is focused on best practices, new ideas and innovations and next generation INFOSEC companies that are on the cutting edge at solving problems in INFORMATION SECURITY.  As Gary told me his publication is less worried about the balance sheet of an innovator and more about how well their technology works to solve critical security problems for our members and readers.  This is philosophically different from other publications that focus on Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, Symantec, McAfee, etc. who are found to be more vulnerable, every week with holes listed on the CVE site at MITRE.  I like this approach and can't wait to see who Gary and his team of writers think are the ‘innovators'.

He gave me a sneak peek of what's coming in the January edition:
January Edition

RSA Conference 2013 Special Edition
    CDTL Anti-virus & Mobile security product reviews
    Cyber crime, Cyber war predictions
    Cloud and Mobile Computing
    Government Regulations and
    Crossing the Distribution Chasm

And much more...

Together, we'll be sharing information, authoring content, and helping lead IT Professionals to CCCURE.org Quizzes and online resources.

Please visit Cyber Defense Magazine – Your Premier Source for IT Security Information and signup today for your always free electronic subscription to the excellent monthly newsletter and quarterly editions of the magazine.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎