My Experience With Hackingdojo Ripped Off My Money

<<

Yet

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: My Experience With Hackingdojo Ripped Off My Money

@hayabusa i don't really care if people take side that's what life is all about people always take side any way, but the question is i don't really get it what's wrong for me to request for refund? or asking him to take off the time i have spent there then refund the others ? cause it seen weird that i would pay for what i didn't use, also paying 1300$ wasn't cheap i ain't super rich .
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Did I say it was wrong to ask for what you feel entitled to?  I believe I've repeatedly said, work it out with Thomas.  :)

Also, this is totally unrelated...  Why do you keep posting in italics?  For highlighting / emphasizing a word, it's useful.  But to continually have to read it, it's giving me a headache... ???
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Yet

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Well don't you think i try to work it out? before i came to post, he stated it clear he's not going to make refund .

hayabusa wrote:Did I say it was wrong to ask for what you feel entitled to?  I believe I've repeatedly said, work it out with Thomas.   :)

Also, this is totally unrelated...  Why do you keep posting in italics?  For highlighting / emphasizing a word, it's useful.  But to continually have to read it, it's giving me a headache... ???

<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 pm

OK, but you've now made your argument / dispute known, and to your point, Thomas has said, in this thread, that he'll address it, when he can.  So you've now made your concerns public, and have achieved getting his attention.

One way or another, whether one or both parties walk away satisfied, now, there will be some sort of public settlement (fiscal reimbursement or none, or 'agree to disagree') to the issue, and both sides will be heard.

You've expressed your dissatisfaction, and you'll get an answer.

'Success'

PS - thanks for killing the italics!  Appreciated!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm

This is asinine. There is no other training provider that will give you a partial refund just because. You think OffSec will refund 60 of your 90 lab days because you find the course too hard, or because you think it's unfair you have to write a report to earn the CPEs? How about SANS after you're one month into the four months of On-Demand? No way. Do you expect discounts at restaurants when you get full and only end up eating a portion of the food?

Training, software, music, movies, etc.; when you buy it, it's yours. You can likely get a replacement if something is defective or goes horribly wrong, such as damaged media, an instructor not showing up, content being offline for extended periods of time, and so on, but it's extremely rare to get a refund with no questions asked. This is professional training, not a lamp at Walmart.

This thread seems to be unfairly misleading and negative. There's a significant difference between "he doesn't respond to emails" and "he stopped responding to my repeated emails asking for a refund after he told me there wouldn't be one." You've done nothing to show the course was offered in any manner other than exactly as its described on the website. Unless there was some legitimate negligence on his part, no, I don't think you're entitled to a refund just because you want one.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

Yet

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm

With people like you this is why there's corruption everywhere cause you fail to see what the bigger picture is too scared to tell out what the truth is or you don't even know one, people like you always think about yourself just like hackingdojo is thus thinking you knows it all, supporting company to get people ripped off .
Let me make it clear you're the misleading one  cause your post stated it clear, who is talking about discount? paying for 3 months Lab is different from subscription.

Getting sick of people like you trying to make your comment or post count .

ajohnson wrote:This is asinine. There is no other training provider that will give you a partial refund just because. You think OffSec will refund 60 of your 90 lab days because you find the course too hard, or because you think it's unfair you have to write a report to earn the CPEs? How about SANS after you're one month into the four months of On-Demand? No way. Do you expect discounts at restaurants when you get full and only end up eating a portion of the food?

Training, software, music, movies, etc.; when you buy it, it's yours. You can likely get a replacement if something is defective or goes horribly wrong, such as damaged media, an instructor not showing up, content being offline for extended periods of time, and so on, but it's extremely rare to get a refund with no questions asked. This is professional training, not a lamp at Walmart.

This thread seems to be unfairly misleading and negative. There's a significant difference between "he doesn't respond to emails" and "he stopped responding to my repeated emails asking for a refund after he told me there wouldn't be one." You've done nothing to show the course was offered in any manner other than exactly as its described on the website. Unless there was some legitimate negligence on his part, no, I don't think you're entitled to a refund just because you want one.

<<

shadowzero

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 pm

You posted your opinion, and not everyone agrees with you. There's no need to be hostile.
<<

Yet

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah i know that not everyone will agree, but his comment went to far making me look like an idiot .

shadowzero wrote:You posted your opinion, and not everyone agrees with you. There's no need to be hostile.
<<

sh4d0wmanPP

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 am

Well I'm sorry to say but I have to agree with ajohnson and can not see how you are entitled to a refund.

The course clearly stated that an exam is mandatory to progress to the next level. If you refuse to take it and as such can not progress to another level, how would that entitle you to a refund? Yes, you do not use other material but you are occuping a seat that other students could have had. Furthermore, if you do the exam and pass you simply progress as you want. If you have the skills than a report would not be hard to write it only costs you some time.

Valid reasons for a refund would be:
- Company ends training activities before your subscription expires
- No reliable access to labs and study material where it would involve HackingDojo his hosting, not your own internet connection
Usually a course like this will test connectivity when you start to make sure you can access the material.
EXIN ISO/IEC 27002: ISF & ISMAS, ITIL Foundation, Comptia Security+, CCNA, CCNA Security, Wip: OSWP
<<

Yet

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 am

Well you don't need to be sorry cause it's your opinion i don't care, simply because i don't want to write the exam & i want to stop i ain't entitled to get refund my money? also how i my occupying other seat? when i asked him to cancel my subscription? what's my business with his hosting didn't i pay for what i was learning or you were told it was free ?
Well i am not surprise cause you're the same with your master why won't you support him, cause people like you always think you can eat your cake & have it back, always want to strip people & force them to accept what they don't want .

sh4d0wmanPP wrote:Well I'm sorry to say but I have to agree with ajohnson and can not see how you are entitled to a refund.

The course clearly stated that an exam is mandatory to progress to the next level. If you refuse to take it and as such can not progress to another level, how would that entitle you to a refund? Yes, you do not use other material but you are occuping a seat that other students could have had. Furthermore, if you do the exam and pass you simply progress as you want. If you have the skills than a report would not be hard to write it only costs you some time.

Valid reasons for a refund would be:
- Company ends training activities before your subscription expires
- No reliable access to labs and study material where it would involve HackingDojo his hosting, not your own internet connection
Usually a course like this will test connectivity when you start to make sure you can access the material.
Last edited by Yet on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

RoleReversal

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 am

Yet wrote:Simply because i don't want to write the exam & i want to stop i ain't entitled to get refund my money?

If that's all there is to it, I'm going to go with yes. It was YOUR decision to sign-up to the course, and YOUR decision not to take the exam. As others have stated, the criteria for moving through the ranks is well publicised and available prior to sign-up.

From my perspective (like yours, purely anecdotal) I'm working through the Shodan material (slower than I'd like) but have had all the support I've requested from the HD team.
<<

Yet

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:56 am

Well i can stop the course if i want & request for refund, there's no need for people try to tell me i don't have valid reasons to ask for my money back or request for refund.
Nobody can tell me my reasons is invalid cause i have a lot of reasons to stop the course, also everyone has their reasons to do what they do .

Andrew Waite wrote:
Yet wrote:Simply because i don't want to write the exam & i want to stop i ain't entitled to get refund my money?

If that's all there is to it, I'm going to go with yes. It was YOUR decision to sign-up to the course, and YOUR decision not to take the exam. As others have stated, the criteria for moving through the ranks is well publicised and available prior to sign-up.

From my perspective (like yours, purely anecdotal) I'm working through the Shodan material (slower than I'd like) but have had all the support I've requested from the HD team.
<<

RoleReversal

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 am

Yet wrote:Well i can stop the course if i want & request for refund, there's no need for people try to tell me i don't have valid reasons to ask for my money back or request for refund.
Nobody can tell me my reasons is invalid cause i have a lot of reasons to stop the course, also everyone has their reasons to do what they do .

You're quite correct: but there is a difference between you asking for a refund (for whatever reason) and you publicly stating that HackingDojo ripped you off.
<<

Yet

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:01 am

Yeah hackingdojo did, cause he said he's not going to make refund .

Andrew Waite wrote:
Yet wrote:Well i can stop the course if i want & request for refund, there's no need for people try to tell me i don't have valid reasons to ask for my money back or request for refund.

You're quite correct: but there is a difference between you asking for a refund (for whatever reason) and you publicly stating that HackingDojo ripped you off.
<<

sh4d0wmanPP

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 am

You have valid reasons to stop however no valid reason for a refund. The fact you have months remaining is because YOU refuse to take a MANDATORY exam. The course provider has not broken any agreement or rules. You try to change those yourself and by doing so you are at the mercy of the course provider.

I don't know where you are from and don't want to judge you on that. Maybe your country has less formal rules. However where I am from (Europe) you can not simply request a refund when you have signed up for a course and find some aspects in the course you not like. This is why you have to accept the user agreement before signing up and after that you are bound to it.

This is the last time I will reply here as you seem to have made up your mind and will not do anything with comments that differ from it. Good luck.
EXIN ISO/IEC 27002: ISF & ISMAS, ITIL Foundation, Comptia Security+, CCNA, CCNA Security, Wip: OSWP
PreviousNext

Return to Network Pen Testing