Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

<<

tenatiouz

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

Hello guys I'm new here.

I'm trying to increase my mouse acceleration and no one seems to know how, so I figured maybe some hackers could help me out on this one. I've clicked the "Enhanced Pointer Precision" option in Windows 7 that is provided for the standard mouse acceleration, but I wanted to go beyond this.

I've tried messing around with the threshold1 and threshold2 options in regedit mouse settings, but it doesn't seem to make any difference from what the regular acceleration is.

Anyway I can edit some file or find some way to increase my mouse acceleration beyond what the standard allotment is?
<<

MaXe

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

If this is related to playing FPS computers, then take a look at the following article:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2575532

A lot of computer games, override the Windows settings completely. It can of course, be considered an interesting project, but generally on Windows you're locked to the Windows settings and drivers, the mouse driver that's generally not open source (with e.g. Steelseries there's additional settings.), and of course, the settings in-game.

Disabling acceleration in games like CS:GO is a good idea.
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

tenatiouz

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 am

Re: Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

Okay sorry for the late response. If anyone else is trying to figure out how to increase your mouse acceleration or trying to completely get rid of it, I have figured it out.

So first thing's first. Windows uses 3 things when it comes to "Mouse Acceleration". It uses a Mouse Threshold1 and Threshold2 as well as what's called a "Mouse Curve". Threshold1 and Threshold2 is what is the points at which the "Mouse Curve" will take effect. So when the mouse reaches the movements to which it hits the first threshold the mouse curve will kick in, and when it hits the second threshold it will kick in again.

The "Mouse Curve" is the name Microsoft gave for handling "Mouse Acceleration" in Windows. So when you tinker with the mouse curve this is how you either increase or completely get rid of the mouse acceleration. There was a guy by the name of "MarkC" who wrote a program for those of use who don't understand the binaries in relation to the mouse curves. He basically wrote a program for you to input simple to understand terms for writing your own .reg file, which is just a registry file, to input codes through the .reg file into your registry dealing with the mouse curve. So if anyone else is having issues with their "Mouse Acceleration" or more properly the mouse curve, just google MarkC and get his "MouseFix". With his program I was able to make a custom mouse curve which would increase my acceleration exponentially, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you guys for taking the time to help me out and for anyone else in the future having this issue, again just google MarkC and get his mouse curve .reg files and it comes packaged with his program that has a Wizard with easy to understand steps to create your own mouse curve. If you don't want to do this, he does include already written .reg files with his pre-calculated mouse curves to either increase or completely remove the mouse acceleration from or to windows.

Return to Other