Career X-roads

<<

caissyd

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 am

Re: Career X-roads

Good to hear that

Many people here have already passed the CISSP exam. So feel free to post your questions. It really is a weird exam, but it can be done by normal people  ;)

Good luck!
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

Dark_Knight

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 am

@H1tM0nk3y What was your strategy for passing the CISSP? Was it self study/bootcamp/Shon Harris etc? How long was your prep?
CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA
http://sector876.blogspot.com
<<

caissyd

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 pm

I converted Shon Harris videos into MP3s and I spent something like 3 months listening to them while commuting to work. Everytime there was a red light or something, I would put a key word on a piece of paper about a particular topic I found I shoud read more about.

Then, I registered for the exam: 17 days left!

After this, I started reading Shon Harris book, but only for spots I took notes about while listening to the MP3s. At this point, I started taking test exams like crazy. I answered 1800 questions from 4 different sources before taking the actual exam.

3 days before the exam, I bought a second CISSP book from Stewart, Tittel and Chapple. Very, very good book. It is a nice complement to Shon Harris' book. I was amazed at the amount of stuff that wasn't in Shon's book.

So for the 17 days that I really study, I had no life. Waking up at 4:00am and working/studying until 11:30pm every single day.

The exam was hell (I am a French Canadian and I only learn English at 18 years old) but I ended up passing on my first attempt.

Very different then OSCP. It's like drinking beer then milk right after. It taste funny and you can't wait to go back drinking beer...  :D

Sorry for hijacking this thread!
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
Previous

Return to Career Central