Cybergeddon

<<

MaXe

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 am

Cybergeddon

Hi there fellow EH-netters,

A colleague of mine recently forwarded me info about the Cybergeddon series:
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/cybergeddon/episodes/

At first I thought it was another exaggerated set of series such as "The Amazing Mind Reader" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pYHN9iC9I ) which is quite hilarious. Especially the part with balaclavas and mechanical keyboards. But I've watched the first 3 episodes of Cybergeddon and so far I've liked it, except some things are also hilarious in that too, but I like how it's almost like a movie, as it's quite well produced plus they have some good scenes too.

I am not sure if it's available to the entire world via the link I shared, but if it's not, try out other sites such as YouTube where it may be hosted as well.

For those that wants some real hacking shows, check out Tiger Team (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161624/), it's a shame it's only 2 episodes, but it was very cool when they stole a car  ;D
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

SephStorm

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Cybergeddon

lol, I just saw a link about this and posted it in Mass Media. I'm interested, I didnt know it was a web series though. I'll have to see if I can get the episodes.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

MaXe

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:04 am

Well it sure is a lot better than expected, even though I haven't seen all of the episodes yet, but it's better than the common hacker movies where it's all gibberish  ;D
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

Data_Raid

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 am

I watched this series last week and I was going to post about it here on EHN but you beat me to it  ;)

I watched them all and it isn't too bad. I almost stopped watching it after the 1st episode when I saw this  ;D:

They could at least have used a real IP Address that is fully routable like 127.0.0.1 .... right?  :P

[I know the reason why they used the address above, similar to the 555 phone numbers, just found it amusing]
Last edited by Data_Raid on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
All men by nature desire knowledge.

Aristotle
<<

MaXe

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 am

Well it did catch my attention they used a 172.16.0.0 address, however it is possible that his smartphone was used in a virtual network, where his remote server hosted elsewhere physically shared the same network.
I guess the reason they used 172.16, is because not everyone knows it's a reserved for private / internal use, plus it looks cooler than 192.168 that pretty much everybody knows about, and 10.X is often seen in corporations.
It's rarely I see anyone using 172.16 anymore, so I guess it was okay hehe but you are right I was also like, wtf c'mooon xD
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:05 am

How about the blatant symantec advertising? And that bit about free anti-virus... But a good show overall.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

mad_jer

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 am

MaXe wrote:Well it did catch my attention they used a 172.16.0.0 address, however it is possible that his smartphone was used in a virtual network, where his remote server hosted elsewhere physically shared the same network.
I guess the reason they used 172.16, is because not everyone knows it's a reserved for private / internal use, plus it looks cooler than 192.168 that pretty much everybody knows about, and 10.X is often seen in corporations.
It's rarely I see anyone using 172.16 anymore, so I guess it was okay hehe but you are right I was also like, wtf c'mooon xD

I wouldn't be so bothered by them using a 172.16 address if the actual host address wasn't "1".  I can't think of the last time I had a server in the "1" space; that's almost always the gateway router.
<<

Triban

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 pm

http://cybergeddon.yahoo.com/#chapters

For those of us in the states.  Anyway catch Reboot?  That was entertaining.
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

jason

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

I caught Reboot at DerbyCon. It was apparent that they had some sort of technical consultant involved, but largely ignored them. At least it was good for a laugh  ;D
<<

rattis

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:16 pm

mad_jer wrote:I wouldn't be so bothered by them using a 172.16 address if the actual host address wasn't "1".  I can't think of the last time I had a server in the "1" space; that's almost always the gateway router.

A lot of the home, and some of the business stuff have gone to 254 for the gateway. I've worked at places where I put the primary AD for the forest at 1, with a 254 gateway. figured what the heck. only available from internal (no natting).
OSWP, Sec+
<<

rattis

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

jason wrote:I caught Reboot at DerbyCon. It was apparent that they had some sort of technical consultant involved, but largely ignored them. At least it was good for a laugh  ;D

I think that was the same time as burbon con, and the #misec guys already had plans to "invade" that. and invade it we did, and very well.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

MaXe

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 am

3xban wrote:http://cybergeddon.yahoo.com/#chapters

For those of us in the states.  Anyway catch Reboot?  That was entertaining.

Anyone in the entire world can watch Reboot lol  ;D I watched it before Derbycon  ;D (By donating to them, which I thought was fair enough and good money spent hehe.)
I'm an InterN0T'er

Return to Links to cool sites.