CEH Objectives

<<

venom77

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 am

CEH Objectives

For anyone that has passed the CEH exam already (whether it was v5 or whatever).. how do the exam objectives compare to what's on the exam? Is that a pretty decent guideline to follow?

I've read through all the courseware and an exam prep book. Right now I'm going back through my notes and creating my own study guide. I'm curious to know if I follow these guidelines pretty well if that will be sufficient. And of course, playing around with the tools.. does the exam throw in the random ones that are in the courseware or does it pretty much stick to the main players?

<<

chugh_a

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:39 pm

Re: CEH Objectives

Exam Objectives are the guiding points which let you know the topics which can be asked in the exam. The exam mostly concentrates on the topics present (around 70-80%) in the courseware.
If you are following the courseware then the chances of success are pretty good.

All the best for your examination..
CEH
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Great, thanks for the reply. Any other helpful study tips?
<<

oyle

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm

I passed the ver 2.3 courseware. I passed the exam in Dec. 04.

Make sure you bone up on URL deobfuscation. It wasn't even covered in my class, but I had a question on it in the exam. One of the easier questions, but you have to know the formula.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

Kev

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:44 pm

One tip is, your 5 day boot camp will not cover what you need! Dont rely on that!
<<

venom77

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 am

Yeah, I'm definitely not relying on the bootcamp. Especially when I emailed the instructor of the course and he couldn't even tell me what version they're running...

I'm using the advice on this site and using a good variety of study material. I'm going to try some of these sample exams and see how I do, but not preplogic =P

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker