Suplementing with samurai skills?

<<

hayabusa

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Suplementing with samurai skills?

Are you going to stop, now?  This is already going right back to where it began, and is just going to waste thread space and time.  Nobody said you are / were or should be 'scared.'

I'm really not concerned with who hits who, how hard, unless it's totally uncalled for.  Unless someone is intentionally trying to antagonize me, I generally won't hit, at all, and try to stay out of it.  Please take the same approach.

Again, the olive branch went out, so acknowledge the gesture, then...

LET IT GO
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

sternone

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:49 am

In war, it's important to pick your enemies.

You might pick the wrong one.
Try harder....hmpf!!
<<

hayabusa

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Well then, if I take that as I read it (seems aimed at me, yet again), I'll withdraw the olive branch.  Seems you just don't know when (or how) to let go.

I'm of the belief that everyone deserves a fair shake, until they prove otherwise.  Living in pessimism and fear / concern, especially over who is friend or foe, would be a sad and harsh reality, and I choose positivity (that's why I TRY to help an provide positive feedback, wherever possible.  So I think I'll just cut this tie, now, since you've obviously already determined that I (and others) are 'lame' or are out to get you.

I wish you well in your futile endeavors at attacking anyone / anything you don't like, or simply can't undertand. 

(Hope you can 'hit' as hard as you throw attitude arround.  There are some folks here who won't hold back as much as I would and have.)

Sayonara
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

hayabusa

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh, and sternone...

Maybe you missed it, and I know you weren't around for my earlier signatures, a while back, but I'm pretty sure I understand the reality, when you actually ARE dealing with a war / enemy mentality.  I've been a study of Sun Tsu and other well-known war 'brains', for years.  It all applies, very literally, in cyber-warfare and pentesting, just as it does in mental / physical combat.

Outright attacking those, whom you don't understand or agree with, is definitely NOT a wise approach.

I'll say it again...  MaXe's post was, I'm certain, intended to lighten the mood in the thread.  But he's not someone you really want to start an unnecessary battle with, any more than I am. We're (none of us) not here to battle, anyway.  So...  Again...

LET IT GO! 

(I'm done with this discussion now.  If you continue here, it'll be ignored by me.  If anyone wants to ask a question, still, truly related to the 'original thread', my apologies for sidetracking it.  Ask away, here or on PM, and I'll try to respond.)
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

sternone

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:38 am

I don't agree.

I reply to things and actions I don't agree on. If you can't deal with that, then don't post on a public forum.

Go sit in your dark room, look in the mirror, laugh hard and yell 'I have all the powers!' and be done with it. That might fix a lot of your issues.
Try harder....hmpf!!
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 am

sternone wrote:I reply to things and actions I don't agree on.

That is, unfortunately, about all you do. You've got one of the highest posts-per-day counts, yet you're at bottom in terms of posts-to-substance. Aside from your initial enthusiasm, you've done very little besides whine or instigate.

These forums provide a rare opportunity for ethical hacking and infosec novices to interact with experienced professionals (who graciously take time out of their insane schedules to respond). I'm not sure how you haven't picked up on this by now, but this isn't a place where people just dump out every empty, unfiltered thought that crosses their minds. I think you've confused these forums with Twitter. You've single-handedly brought a level of immaturity to these forums that I haven't seen in the four years I've been here.

sternone wrote:Go sit in your dark room, look in the mirror, laugh hard and yell 'I have all the powers!' and be done with it. That might fix a lot of your issues.

Yes, ignoring his professional experience, numerous years and 1000+ insightful posts here, and reality, I think you nailed it. I can't believe that you alone were able to quickly decipher this situation while everyone else was fooled for years. You truly are amazing, and it's a shame you're going into security and not psychology.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that your actions are only hurting yourself. No one is getting upset or offended at your posts, and no one is impressed by the played-out internet bad-ass routine. You've only succeeded in burning bridges and removing value for yourself.

It's completely fine to disagree and state your opinion in a polite and respectful manner, and this is in fact how great discussions come about. The subtle and not-so-subtle responses you've received up until now have truly been attempts to just get you to stop spilling YouTube-quality comments all over the forums.

Please don't feel obligated to respond; everyone already knows what you're going to say, verbatim.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

sternone

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 am

I'm not going to ask permission to you masters to respond to something.

Maybe it's time that some of you step down from that pedestal you are standing on. Face it, we're all nerds. End of story.
Try harder....hmpf!!
<<

Dark_Knight

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 pm

ajohnson wrote:
sternone wrote:I reply to things and actions I don't agree on.

That is, unfortunately, about all you do. You've got one of the highest posts-per-day counts, yet you're at bottom in terms of posts-to-substance. Aside from your initial enthusiasm, you've done very little besides whine or instigate.

These forums provide a rare opportunity for ethical hacking and infosec novices to interact with experienced professionals (who graciously take time out of their insane schedules to respond). I'm not sure how you haven't picked up on this by now, but this isn't a place where people just dump out every empty, unfiltered thought that crosses their minds. I think you've confused these forums with Twitter. You've single-handedly brought a level of immaturity to these forums that I haven't seen in the four years I've been here.

sternone wrote:Go sit in your dark room, look in the mirror, laugh hard and yell 'I have all the powers!' and be done with it. That might fix a lot of your issues.

Yes, ignoring his professional experience, numerous years and 1000+ insightful posts here, and reality, I think you nailed it. I can't believe that you alone were able to quickly decipher this situation while everyone else was fooled for years. You truly are amazing, and it's a shame you're going into security and not psychology.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that your actions are only hurting yourself. No one is getting upset or offended at your posts, and no one is impressed by the played-out internet bad-ass routine. You've only succeeded in burning bridges and removing value for yourself.

It's completely fine to disagree and state your opinion in a polite and respectful manner, and this is in fact how great discussions come about. The subtle and not-so-subtle responses you've received up until now have truly been attempts to just get you to stop spilling YouTube-quality comments all over the forums.

Please don't feel obligated to respond; everyone already knows what you're going to say, verbatim.

+ 1 ...........now let's stop feeding the troll. Nothing to see here folks, keep it moving...
CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA
http://sector876.blogspot.com
<<

termight

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 pm

@sternone:

From your thread on OSCP, I can deduce you're http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_temperaments#Choleric a choleric kind of person or may be you're being offensive because you're taking an Offensive course HAHA  ;D.

Anyways just concentrate on your course and learn to let things go. If you take an MSc program you learn physiology and anger management along the line. Which is very good cos you'll never know who you're getting angry at( maybe someone who is more insane).

Silence is golden, and remember "the quieter you become, the more loud you're ale to hear".

Peace. 
>>There Is Always A Blind Spot In
>>Every Software, It's Up To Us To Find It
<<

sternone

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm

So when is the depression part in life coming up ? I've never had it, felt it or wanted it ?
Try harder....hmpf!!
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm

ENOUGH!

This is not the type of welcoming and career advancing conversation that has become the hallmark of EH-Net. Here's how I see it:

1. If someone wants to reply to a public message with a private one, that is their chouce.
2. If someone wants to ask for that message to be made public so we all can learn, that is a valid question.
3. Calling someone lame is valid free speech as well. But what good do you think will come of it?
4. Sternone - You may not be depressed, but every reaction has a very harsh and negative tone. You can disagree without getting so angry or defensive. That doesn't mean that anyone is trying to quell your free speech in a public forum.

I'll close on this thought for which I recommend everyone ponder: Is it possible that words offered on either side were actually meant to help?

Think about it for a while.

This topic is closed.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
Previous

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional