Better Late Then Never!

<<

S3curityM0nkey

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Better Late Then Never!

Hey, I just worked out I never did one of these "Hello world" posts!!!

So here it goes, hey guys my name is Andy and I live in Australia. For the past 12 years I have been a network admin for a number of companies. I enjoy my work and love working with tech.

I have always had a love of security, I guess starting when I discovered that I could get into parts of my schools network that I shouldn't be in (bad bad Andrew!)

I would love to make InfoSec my full time job however that kind of role is hard to get into in the city I live in!

I plan to start my OSCP training, will sign up once I finish moving into my new house (so much work required! 3 cubic meters of garden waste yesterday!)

This is a great forum and I thank Don and the others for creating such a top space for people like us to talk about the things that interest us!

Cheers guys!
<<

Jamie.R

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 am

Re: Better Late Then Never!

Think these post should be renamed to hello world post :P Welcome to the forms you been here a while so you know most rules but have fun lol
| OSWP | eCPPT Silver and Gold | eWPT |

I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 am

And a belated "Welcome!" :)

What city are you in? I'm in the US, but it seems like Melbourne and particularly Sidney have a decent amount of infosec opportunities, from what I hear anyway.

I was going to suggest making a move if opportunities are so hard to come by there, but I guess that's not feasible if you just got a new house.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

S3curityM0nkey

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm

ajohnson wrote:What city are you in?

Hey , I am in Brisbane.... don't want to move, love it here too much. One day I guess if the right job came along I would look at moving.

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Return to Greetings