Where i start?

<<

freeworld

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Where i start?

Hello everyone.. I am very new to the forum.., I 'm raj and i live in Algeria a quite far from here .. So; i want to take a chance to get suggestions from EH-net .. Shortly; I would like to join the area of computer and security, and being certified as well;.. to clarify, I have no degree.. and i don't know where to start, I lost several things while pinning to my computer., I can assure you, I 'm crazy about everything which is related to computers, and i intend to do and learn everything similar professionally.., So please!, anyone who had educational experiences in computer engineering or similar, can make some suggestions what should i do firstly ?  :'(

Thank u in advance
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Where i start?

freeworld wrote:Hello everyone.. I am very new to the forum.., I 'm raj and i live in Algeria a quite far from here .. So; i want to take a chance to get suggestions from EH-net .. Shortly; I would like to join the area of computer and security, and being certified as well;.. to clarify, I have no degree.. and i don't know where to start, I lost several things while pinning to my computer., I can assure you, I 'm crazy about everything which is related to computers, and i intend to do and learn everything similar professionally.., So please!, anyone who had educational experiences in computer engineering or similar, can make some suggestions what should i do firstly ?  :'(

Thank u in advance

Just tell me what do u want to learn then i'll show u the door. Do u want to be a pentester or network adminstrator? Or what?
ICS Academy Network Security Certified
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:44 pm

i forgot to say welcome to this amazing forum.!
<<

freeworld

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 pm

thank you for your answer  :D, If i can be more clarifying .. a computer engineer certified if it is available online, courses or studies , I want a considerable level in computer.. before going to such certification, if you can understand me, thanks again.
<<

jjwinter

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 pm

What excites you most about computers? There are many, many paths to choose. Network administration, web design, database design, pen testing, networking and repair, break-fix, and tons more.

I am relatively new to this forum myself, the main focus here is computer security. If you are interested in that, you are in the right place.
<<

freeworld

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Exactly : D So ?
Last edited by freeworld on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am

can u tell us exactly in what field do u like?
<<

Jamie.R

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 am

Welcome I would say start with the basic depending if you more interested in networking or web sites.

Learning
networking basic Network + topics
To build a website HTML PHP MYSQL JAVASCRIPT
operating system windows linux

Once you have good understanding of the above you can then start to begin learning how to attack them.

Course are a good start there are lots online ones if you cant afford them try and build a small home lab where you can practice.

Read book watch video and learn learn learn :) good luck
| OSWP | eCPPT Silver and Gold | eWPT |

I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:33 am

if u want to be a network administrator i suggest u to take MCITP courses if u want to be a pentester go and see this post:
www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option, ... een,1/#new
<<

freeworld

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:22 pm

for information, I know HTML/XHTML and PHP MYSQL JS,Python .. and I apply some attacks, like SQL injection, XSS, and some others ..  So what should i do if i want to be certified professionally ..
<<

S3curityM0nkey

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey welcome to the forum.

If you want to be a pentester then you need to get some networking skills under your belt. Go grab a CCNA study guide and have a read (even if you don't take the exam). The CISCO books will give you a good base to work from.

Then move on to getting to know linux, it helps to know the basics before you attempt to do certs.

Once you think you are ready you can start the certs. Maybe start of slow, go do the Sec+ cert. It's vendor neutral but will give you a good overview of information security.

If you want to dive right in try the OSCP (PWB) training.... you will find a LOT of posts of about that training on this forum.

I guess the main thing is to just keep reading, find an area of infosec that you enjoy and go for it!!!!!
<<

freeworld

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm

OK; So where can i find CCNA site to be online certified
<<

S3curityM0nkey

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 pm

freeworld wrote:OK; So where can i find CCNA site to be online certified

If you want to do some CCNA study the best book I have found is:

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Certified-N ... words=ccna

After you have read the book and if you decide you want to do the exam you need to book into a testing center in your local area.

If you want to do online only then you can't get your CCNA and might need to look at some other certs.
<<

freeworld

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Umm ok, I 'm gonna start reading this book tomorrow, otherwise CCNA certification is one of the best certification in the NTIC 's field, So what do you suggest to me as other certification after having the CCNA .. and Thanks a lot  :)
<<

S3curityM0nkey

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm

freeworld wrote:Umm ok, I 'm gonna start reading this book tomorrow, otherwise CCNA certification is one of the best certification in the NTIC 's field, So what do you suggest to me as other certification after having the CCNA .. and Thanks a lot  :)

CCNA takes a bit.... you can do 1 exam and get your CCENT, that's kind of the entry level CISCO Cert.

I guess what you do next has more to do with the area of IT you want to work in. If it's networking then maybe keep moving up the CISCO cert levels, check out this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/l ... _home.html

If you want to move into IT Security then start to look at some of the entry level certs. Sec+, CEH and so on. Once you have a grasp on the basics then maybe it's time to look at some of the Offensive Security certs and training, most of them can be done online:

http://www.offensive-security.com/infor ... fications/

Keep in mind that there are SO many online training companies now that you can pick one that suites you and your budget.

Don't forget to check out some of the great FREE online resources:

http://www.securitytube.net/

Security Tube has a HEAP of great stuff, well worth a look.

http://g0tmi1k.blogspot.com/

g0tmilk has some great blog posts and cheat sheets that make life easy.

https://www.corelan.be/

Corelan has a stack of tutorials based around IT Security.

The list just goes on and on....
Last edited by S3curityM0nkey on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Looking For Work