SABSA - Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture

<<

SJF1978

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 am

SABSA - Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture

Just wanted to know if anybody had been through this course yet? (at any level) I've looked at the CISSP architecture concentration but this looks far better. Brought a book on TOGAF also, but tbh it was very dry indeed and this seems more inline with my interests.

Any feedback would be great!

thanks
CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO27001, MCSE, CCNA and Security +
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am

Re: SABSA - Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture

From the feedback I've seen, the CISSP-ISSAP appears to be somewhat lacking, so that's probably a better route to go if your'e serious about the subject (you can always tack on the ISSAP later; the concepts will probably overlap greatly).

I haven't done the course, but check out this book if you haven't yet: http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Securi ... chitecture

Unfortunately, it's also a pretty dry read, despite it's quality. I think that's just the nature of this subject.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

SJF1978

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 am

Re: SABSA - Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture

Thanks for this, I had seen a flash of this book, but never put the two together ( :-[ ) and wanted to folllow a structured learning approach with some thing to test my understanding at the end.

Well I've put my training request in for the foundation 5 day course but 2k plus VAT seems highish, so fingers crossed it gets approved. Otherwise I'll have to battle through it myself (as always!)

thanks again
CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISO27001, MCSE, CCNA and Security +

Return to General Certification