de-ice.net

<<

cyber.spirit

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:03 pm

de-ice.net

hi guys i have some quiz about de-ice.net
Im running backtrack and it in vmware both using dhcp disabled host only adapter and i ran ics to give the vms internet connection. So both the using ice dhcp with this net id 192.168.137.0/24
So here is the quiz:

1. When i run this command:
Nmap -sP 192.168.137.0/24 i cant find the de-ice.net's ip adderss would u please tell me why?

2. Why ifconfing is not exist in de-ice.net
ICS Academy Network Security Certified
<<

shadowzero

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Re: de-ice.net

Cyber.spirit wrote:hi guys i have some quiz about de-ice.net
Im running backtrack and it in vmware both using dhcp disabled host only adapter and i ran ics to give the vms internet connection. So both the using ice dhcp with this net id 192.168.137.0/24
So here is the quiz:

1. When i run this command:
Nmap -sP 192.168.137.0/24 i cant find the de-ice.net's ip adderss would u please tell me why?

2. Why ifconfing is not exist in de-ice.net

It's been a while, but ifconfig should be there. Have you looked in /sbin? Try the locate and find command as well.
<<

Grendel

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm

- Thomas Wilhelm, MSCS MSM
ISSMP CISSP SCSECA SCNA IEM

Web Site:
  • http://HackingDojo.com
Author:
  • Professional Penetration Testing
  • Ninja Hacking
  • Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit
  • Metasploit Toolkit for Penetration Testing
  • Netcat Power Tools
<<

Jamie.R

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 am

If i remember you need to change your ip address to be on the same subset as the De-ice

Example de-ice 10.1.1.110 you need to have ip of 10.1.1.10 or similar.
| OSWP | eCPPT Silver and Gold | eWPT |

I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Jamie.R wrote:If i remember you need to change your ip address to be on the same subset as the De-ice

Example de-ice 10.1.1.110 you need to have ip of 10.1.1.10 or similar.

They both got the ip from ice's dhcp so they are in same subnet
<<

shadowzero

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 pm

I suggest you read the network configuration posted here: http://forums.hackingdojo.com/viewtopic ... 489c5bc78e
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm

shadowzero wrote:I suggest you read the network configuration posted here: http://forums.hackingdojo.com/viewtopic ... 489c5bc78e

Thanx but i think it needs static ip but how can set it without ifconfing?
<<

shadowzero

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm

The De-ICE VMs already have an IP address, and it lists it on the link I directed you to. The easiest way to get things running, is to modify YOUR router settings to match the ones the VMs expect. I suggest obtaining a second router that you can use for these VM challenges if changing your home network settings is not an option.
<<

tturner

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Or use a VM and setup a custom virtual network for working with those VM's so you don't have to keep reconfiguring your virtual networks.. You don't have to install the ISO's to a virtual disk, you can leave them as non-persistent ISO's and just boot inside vmplayer/workstation. I'd recommend using host only mode (or your custom network with De-Ice network addresses, but configure it as a 2nd host only if you do) for this as they won't need internet and you will minimize exposure on your LAN.
Last edited by tturner on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
<<

ziggy_567

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 pm

You might also want to assess your assumptions.

Let's assume the IP configuration is correct. (To be honest, though, I don't think it is.) Why else might you not be able to ping the host?

What can you do to find the host if you can't ping the host?
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 am

shadowzero wrote:The De-ICE VMs already have an IP address, and it lists it on the link I directed you to. The easiest way to get things running, is to modify YOUR router settings to match the ones the VMs expect. I suggest obtaining a second router that you can use for these VM challenges if changing your home network settings is not an option.
tturner wrote:Or use a VM and setup a custom virtual network for working with those VM's so you don't have to keep reconfiguring your virtual networks.. You don't have to install the ISO's to a virtual disk, you can leave them as non-persistent ISO's and just boot inside vmplayer/workstation. I'd recommend using host only mode (or your custom network with De-Ice network addresses, but configure it as a 2nd host only if you do) for this as they won't need internet and you will minimize exposure on your LAN.
ziggy_567 wrote:You might also want to assess your assumptions.

Let's assume the IP configuration is correct. (To be honest, though, I don't think it is.) Why else might you not be able to ping the host?

What can you do to find the host if you can't ping the host?

All of these things can be possible when i can atleast check my ip address but we have no ifconfig command in de-ice.net i googled it over and over but i just found my topic!! And nothing useful so please help me in this however those info was great and helpful so thanx for them
<<

Grendel

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 am

Did you watch the video I linked to? It takes you step by step and explains what you're asking about.
- Thomas Wilhelm, MSCS MSM
ISSMP CISSP SCSECA SCNA IEM

Web Site:
  • http://HackingDojo.com
Author:
  • Professional Penetration Testing
  • Ninja Hacking
  • Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit
  • Metasploit Toolkit for Penetration Testing
  • Netcat Power Tools
<<

tturner

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 am

It has a static IP, it's not going to pull a DHCP lease. Listen to Grendel. :) I don't recall what IP it was using as it's been several years since I did these. You don't need to login to the ISO. All you need is the IP which I suspect is in his video link.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
<<

shadowzero

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:19 am

Cyber.spirit wrote:All of these things can be possible when i can atleast check my ip address but we have no ifconfig command in de-ice.net i googled it over and over but i just found my topic!! And nothing useful so please help me in this however those info was great and helpful so thanx for them

All of these things are possible if you had read and tried what has been suggested. You say you can't find ifconfig, so I assume you have already logged in. I've loaded up my De-ICE 1.100 instance and ifconfig is there. Google how to search for files in Linux.
<<

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:17 pm

The subnet should be 192.168.1.x. You would be advised to set the NIC for both guests to Custom - vmnet2. The de-ice distros set their own IP address. The clue to what that is is in the name, e.g. 'de-ice 1.100' which would be 192.168.1.100.

Set your Backtrack VM to the same subnet and you will see the de-ice VM.

If you still can't see the vm try using NMAP to search for port 80 on the subnet. You should hit the live IP.

I seem to recall not being able ping the de-ice vm too but NMAP will pick it up. It's been a while since I last used it so apologies if I'm off track!
Next

Return to Tools