de-ice.net

<<

Jamie.R

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: de-ice.net

If you follow the link the General has posted it should be pretty straight forward. You could also do what tturner has said setup a custom network.
| OSWP | eCPPT Silver and Gold | eWPT |

I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

Triban

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 pm

And this is where having a strong base knowledge of networking principals is required in order to be a decent pen tester.  Most of the time I spend more time figuring out how to get my lab setup than actually doing the lab itself.  Then again once it is setup, it is pretty easy from there.  I also tend to keep notepad++ or gedit running so I can toss notes in there.  Though I may start to use Growly notes for that.

As for De-Ice... from what I remember, you need to set you IP on the attacker to match the subnet of the De-Ice box.  Also make sure you don't use the same IP as the target De-Ice VM. 
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

3xban wrote:I also tend to keep notepad++ or gedit running so I can toss notes in there.  Though I may start to use Growly notes for that.

Off-topic, but have you tried OneNote or Evernote? Syncing, mobile device support, etc. are pretty slick.

Edit: I guess Growly is a "Mac OneNote." It doesn't look like they have a mobile app though.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
Previous

Return to Tools