Paranoid parents messing with routers

<<

prats84

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: Paranoid parents messing with routers

Anything we say... ethical activities or unethical.... This kid seems to be taking steps to offensive security... Might be a good future.. for the kid.. lol
<<

longhorn95

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:01 am

[quote="hayabusa"]
@longhorn - so you're telling me it's not nice to poke at someone who's very obviously trying to get ethical people to help them with an unethical task?]

@hayabusa- I don't think it's "ethical", or responsible to poke fun at anyone who goes online to reach out to a community whose sole purpose was to educate and collaborate. I understand your meaning on what the kid was doing... but I don't not agree these boards, no matter how long you have been on this blog "hero member", that a senior member should be 'poking' fun of a user. There are other ways you could have directed this kid...

@prats84- you are right this kid could have a very bright future. :)
"In God we trust, all others must bring  data"
--W. Edwards Deming
MSIS CyberSecurity, Security+, Linux+,Network+, CEH, CPTE, CPT, CNDA,
<<

rattis

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 am

@longhorn - we see posts like this on an almost weekly basis. If it's not to bypass some rule set, then it's to get revenge, hack someone to stop them from bullying the poster, or see if Significant other is cheating.

People see the word hacker, and ignore the word ethical. Most that post those types of threads, take the stance that because they can they have the right to do it.

If they were to spend any time reading the forums at all, they'd see that behavior is not welcome here. However they don't, and they come here looking for "hackers for hire" type things.

Over the years, there have been a few rare exceptions where the poster actually sticks around, learns the error of his ways and joins the community. Look at it more like a fraternity hazing. If you can come here, ask something stupid, and put up with us, you'll be accepted by us.

:)
OSWP, Sec+
<<

caissyd

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Most of us have been on these forums long enough to spot these posts ALMOST before the OP even pressed 'Post'

@Hayabusa: It is so obvious, isn't? Sometime I feel they think we are dumb!

@MaXe: Great answer indeed!
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

m0wgli

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm not advocating EH-Net takes this approach, but a few years ago the BackTrack forums used to have a section called the "Idiots Corner". Posts asking for obviously nefarious advice would get moved there, and over the years there were some very funny ones.
Security + | OSWP | eCPPT (Silver & Gold) | CSTA
Previous

Return to Ethical Hacktivism