PhysSec Legal Advice

<<

rance

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm

PhysSec Legal Advice

Hey Folks,

I've submitted my first CFP for derbycon, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned over the material I want to present. It's basically going to show the ineffectiveness of the TSA, and things people can do that they shouldn't.

I'm obviously concerned if I'm going to be picked up by a black suburban, somehow wind up on the no fly list, etc. I hit up the EFF for some advice, but they said the material doesn't really fit in to their model, asked for a reference a few days ago, but haven't heard anything.

So, I'd really like to figure out if i'm just completely insane for the material i want to present, find out if i'm breaking any federal laws, see if there's any way to mitigate the impact, such as informing the TSA ahead of time. Things like that.

So, does anyone know of an entity like the EFF I could go to for some legal advice? Barring that, what kind of lawyer would I even seek out for something like this?

Any help and input is appreciated!
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH
<<

Jamie.R

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 am

Re: PhysSec Legal Advice

You might be best trying to contact some speakers I never done a talk at con so not sure on best advice to give you maybe you should try hit up people like dark tagent on twitter or others that have done talks worldwide.
| OSWP | eCPPT Silver and Gold | eWPT |

I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

cd1zz

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 am

You might want to try to reach out to Bruce Schneier and see what he thinks. I bet he knows exactly how to handle the situation or knows someone who does. As I'm sure you're aware, he's been quite outspoken on how shitty the TSA is.

http://www.schneier.com/contact.html
<<

rance

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am

cd1zz wrote:You might want to try to reach out to Bruce Schneier and see what he thinks. I bet he knows exactly how to handle the situation or knows someone who does. As I'm sure you're aware, he's been quite outspoken on how shitty the TSA is.

http://www.schneier.com/contact.html

I'll drop him a line... thanks!
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH

Return to Physical Security