Personal firewalls for Windows - [Comodo]

<<

ethnet

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:46 pm

Personal firewalls for Windows - [Comodo]

Hi !

Free firewalls outclass paid-for ones, test reveals ! Do you agree ?
That's just what John E. Dunn, from Techworld.com recently wrote
www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;159719021;fp;8;fpid;

As a beta-tester for Outpost firewall for a few years, I do can agree the latter has a lack of protection against leak tests.

Even before I read Mr. Dunn's review I've decided to give a try to freeware Comodo firewall (version 2.3.6.81 available from here - http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/license_registration.html
(To download software, you will have to register on their site. Activation code will be sent by e-mail)

Until then, I am fine with Comodo firewall. Just one minor inconvenience experienced: I've unintentionally blocked DNS requests sent from Firefox 2, had to turn off "Monitor DNS requests" option in Application Behaviour Analisys and then clear DNS cache with "ipconfig /flushdns"

Stay protected !
<<

skel

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:22 am

Re: Personal firewalls for Windows - [Comodo]

I have been using Kerio for the past few years and installed Comodo just few minutes ago after seeing this post.

It certainly looks very promising
Skel
<<

oleDB

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: Personal firewalls for Windows - [Comodo]

Wow, windows firewall performed amazing on that benchmark. And they still have the balls to sell their ISA product after getting embarrassed with this test. I wonder if some anti-windows sentiments made it into the testing procedures.

Return to Opinions