a word list of numbers

<<

cyber.spirit

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm

a word list of numbers

hi guys,
Once again i backed with a question about dictionary attack,
So i did some researchs and i find out password with all numbers are very common in my country like phone number and so on. So i want a wordlist which covers only numbers up to 10 digits

Thanx all
ICS Academy Network Security Certified
<<

UNIX

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 am

Re: a word list of numbers

You can easily create one with a scripting or programming language. Just use a loop and write each line to a file (or in a variable and write it at the end to a file) or to stdout and pipe it then to a file during execution.
Last edited by UNIX on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

apollo

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:26 pm

If you're doing this freqeutnly, I'd tke a look at hashcat (http://www.hashcat.net).  It has the ability to do a mask attack, and you can easily setup brute lists with just numbers using the masks.  This saves disk space when you want to enumerate over large groups in a static pattern.

CISSP, CSSLP, MCSE+Security, MCTS, CCSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCWN, NOP, OSCP, Security+
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 pm

apollo wrote:If you're doing this freqeutnly, I'd tke a look at hashcat (http://www.hashcat.net).  It has the ability to do a mask attack, and you can easily setup brute lists with just numbers using the masks.  This saves disk space when you want to enumerate over large groups in a static pattern.

Great website apollo
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am

hi apollo and other friends:

apollo i downloaded hashcat but idk why i cant run it and besides its a hash cracker program its not a word list. has anybody a good word list of numbers? i really need it pleeeaasseee

thanks all.
<<

hayabusa

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 am

cyber.spirit - Please don't take this rudely (it's not intended as such)

aweSEC gave you what you want.  In the time you've waited for it, you could easily have scripted a tool to generate your list.  I mean, you originally asked 5 days ago...
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

shadowzero

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:57 am

crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm

hayabusa wrote:cyber.spirit - Please don't take this rudely (it's not intended as such)

aweSEC gave you what you want.  In the time you've waited for it, you could easily have scripted a tool to generate your list.  I mean, you originally asked 5 days ago...

Man as  i said i extremely need it. thats why i repeat my question. i know when i posted the topic better than u and as i said i couldnt run hashcat app in windows xp and seven. man im not here for fun im here because im trying harder and harder to become a useful hacker if i am a beginner hacker its not my disadvantage im happy because its easy for u but its so important for me. If i knew atleast a way to have that damn wordlist i promise u i never post that topic or repeat my question because i have no time to waste .

Cyber.spirit
Last edited by cyber.spirit on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 pm

shadowzero wrote:crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.

shadowzero thank u. U introduced me a amazing tool but i have a problem im using this command:
./crunch 10 10 0123456789 -o example.txt but man it bcomes to a huge file 120 gb
1- am using correct command?
2- has it a command to split the file to parts?
3- u can generate the word list in the crunch terminal window is there a way to import that to other terminal apps like aircrack?
Thanx again.
<<

shadowzero

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm

cyber.spirit wrote:
shadowzero wrote:crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.

shadowzero thank u. U introduced me a amazing tool but i have a problem im using this command:
./crunch 10 10 0123456789 -o example.txt but man it bcomes to a huge file 120 gb
1- am using correct command?
2- has it a command to split the file to parts?
3- u can generate the word list in the crunch terminal window is there a way to import that to other terminal apps like aircrack?
Thanx again.

1. Yes
2 and 3. Yes. Read the manual.

Additional reading: http://adaywithtape.blogspot.ca/2011/05 ... h-v30.html
<<

hayabusa

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

@cyber.spirit - I wasn't taking a stab at you.  The ONLY reason I even mentioned WHEN you posted, was that, in the te time between then and now, I assumed you'd have been able to write a script to do this.

I understand maybe it's not as easy for you, and I sympathize.  But something like a bash script, over a full 4-5 days, shouldn't have taken that much work, nor time to figure out, especially for something like this.  It's one thing to ask advice, or for a tool (which you did, and props to you for it.)  But if you want to progress, sometimes, diving into something new, and having to work / figure it out is going to happen, even for me.  Sometimes, you can ask for tools all day, but if either they don't exist, or do, buy are difficult to use, you gotta put in the time, and figure out another way.

Like I said in my first reply, and I'm saying again now, there was no offense intended.  Just giving you advice.  Sometimes, ESPECIALLY when you get deeper into pentesting, reliance on tools will sink you. Gotta think outside the box.

If you still don't have something by tomorrow (I don't have access to script it, tonight), PM me, and I'll help you work something out.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 pm

ok hayabusa if ur problem is only the delay i must tell u as i said idk what scripting i need. Since i got the has cat program i couldnt run it i googled it and asked it in other forums but i got no answer so i installed a win7 on vm but it didnt worked there too  then i installed winxp sp3 and i got same error. So this troubleshooting takes my time. As i said if im on this topic again i have a valid reason for it thanx and good luck
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 pm

shadowzero thank you for ur help for the great weblog crunch is awsome finally i generated my wordlist without saveing it im using crunch with hydra aircrack and so on its awsome thanks alot man is much easier and better than scripting wo
Last edited by cyber.spirit on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

shadowzero

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 pm

cyber.spirit wrote:shadowzero thank you for ur help for the great weblog crunch is awsome finally i generated my wordlist without saveing it im using crunch with hydra aircrack and so on its awsome thanks alot man is much easier and better than scripting wo

Congrats :) Regarding your issue with hashcat, I don't know what your setup is, but you mentioned you had problems running it in Win7/XP. Just for your information, it's also included in Backtrack. See /pentest/passwords. Works out of the box.
<<

tturner

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

For 7 digits as a bash script:

Code:
for i in $(seq 1 9999999); do echo $i >> numbers.txt; done

Probably one of the easiest loops you could write. Sometimes I wish we had a little bit more of the Offsec "Try Harder" mentality here. It's one thing to help the newbie and give them a direction, quite another to completely spoonfeed. Consider yourself spoonfed.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
Next

Return to Network Pen Testing