Update on membership certificate

<<

skel

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:47 am

Update on membership certificate

Hi guys

This is a membership update on my certificate. Hope it will be useful for any guy who is waiting for the pack.

I passed my exam on 16th Sept and received the certificate on 2nd Dec. About 3 1/2 months after. But this was no piece of cake.

I sent a mail to EC council right after 8 weeks of passing the exams and the reply was quick. The lady assigned asked for my passing details and about 8 mails passed between me and the ECC.

Think they only got activated after my first mail but they actually got around posting it after about 3 or 4 mails from me.

So my advise to anybody is to fire up a mail as soon as 8 weeks pass and request for the status. They will quickly reply to your mail requesting certain information. With this mail you will have a name to talk to. (The first mail was to the general email address in the ECC web site). Then keep sending a mail about once a 7-10 days requesting updated status of the certificate mailing process. After few mails up and down, the shipping department will send you a confirmation confirming the DHL tracking number. Then you know the document is actually on the way. 

My certificate arrived just 3 days after this confirmation.

The document was a docket containing a
1. Welcome letter form EC council
2. The certificate
3. A fairly large windshield sticker which says "Certified Ethical Hacker" - I am sure people will move out let me pass in a traffic situation now ;D
4. A visiting card size CD with bootable Linux which says CEH membership card.

I know some members have waited much longer than 3 1/2 months to receive this document. So I am happy to receive it within this time. Also I have to say the person who contacted me was quite prompt in replying to mail. So, despite the time it took to get the pack, I am quite happy at the way they handled my issue.

Good luck to all
Skel
<<

skel

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:51 am

Re: Update on membership certificate

OOOps

I just realized I received my certificate in 2 1/2 months. WOW !!!!!!!  :o

and I sent my first letter to EC Council after 6 weeks - not 8 weeks

Regards
Skel

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker