Password Security (and my new blog)

<<

shadowzero

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Password Security (and my new blog)

cyber.spirit wrote:3xban im working on my new website with free host and domain man its not overkill blogs services has many disadvantages you just get a subdomain (example.blogspot.com) you cant design your blog freely you cant upload your files and create direct download links. users cant log in to your website and so on...

That's actually not true. Blogspot and Wordpress both allow you to use your own domain name. There's also nothing stopping you having your own server to host your files and linking it through your blog.

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to design your blog freely. Have you looked beyond the basic templates that Blogger and Wordpress provide? There's nothing stopping you from creating your own CSS and designing the look of the site.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 am

shadowzero wrote:
cyber.spirit wrote:3xban im working on my new website with free host and domain man its not overkill blogs services has many disadvantages you just get a subdomain (example.blogspot.com) you cant design your blog freely you cant upload your files and create direct download links. users cant log in to your website and so on...

That's actually not true. Blogspot and Wordpress both allow you to use your own domain name. There's also nothing stopping you having your own server to host your files and linking it through your blog.

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to design your blog freely. Have you looked beyond the basic templates that Blogger and Wordpress provide? There's nothing stopping you from creating your own CSS and designing the look of the site.

shadowzero wrote:

Really so can i have a .com or .net or .org and .,.. For free ?

And can i design my website with my own template with online media streaming and direct download? (without any copyright info from blogspot?)
Man i can have all of this features and alot of another feature on my website for free.
ICS Academy Network Security Certified
<<

shadowzero

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 pm

If you already have a domain name, there's no charge to set it up with Blogspot. If you don't have one, you can buy one through them. http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/s ... page=ts.cs

Again, nothing stopping you from designing your own template without mentioning Blogspot anywhere. Just an example:  http://btemplates.com/2012/blogger-template-musicplus/

Of course you can do everything yourself if you have plenty of time and want to manage everything on your own. The point is, many people just want to provide information online without having to worry about the hassle of maintaining a webserver. Same reason why most people use Gmail instead of setting up their own mail servers.

Here are some reasons why I'd use Blogspotr:

1. I don't want to pay for extra bandwidth.
2. If a power failure hits, I don't want my site to go down because it's hosted at home.
3. I don't have redundancy at home compared to the infrastructure Blogspot has setup.
4. I maintain enough servers as it is at work, and when I have free time, it's spent doing hacking and research, not debugging a webserver so people can read my posts.
5. I need to pay for a static IP.
6. If Blogspot goes down, I don't really care. I know some Blogspot employee is getting up at 3am to fix the problem.

The list goes on. It's all about using the right tool for the right job. Most people just don't care about maintaining a personal webserver when all they're going to be using it for, is a blog.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 pm

1- so u i think u can setup a free domain  for it.
2- for example can i upload my own web pages i dont want to use blog templates and can i have put direct download in my site?
3- man man man ofcourse u cant run a webserver in ur home its not good idea but u can use a host with a good performance and huge space and many great features. And atleast u wil have a website not a blog u can manage everything
<<

shadowzero

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:08 pm

@cyber.spirit: A blog is specific to one thing: posting information for people to read. That's it. If you plan on doing something else with your online presence, like merchandising, or setting up an enterprise front, then yeah, a blog isn't the way to go.

@unicityd: Informative blog, looking forward to future posts.
<<

cyber.spirit

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:52 pm

yes man i agree with that its true all of that im trying to say is u can have a website with good features for free u can put ur articles there like blog u can upload ur files u can have ur own design and so on for FREE
So im doing exactly same with a blog author i write my articles and put it in my website i have news and some other sections there . Having and managing a free website is so easy man u dont need to pay more attention to it or do any INCERDIBLE thing!! Like a blog u sign up for host and domain for free and then u design ur website u can for a pre built template for it or design it by urself (like what i did) then u can upload ur files via ftp thats all man. And its easy for everyone for me and u and other blog authors u dont need to be a super man to do that!!
Previous

Return to Network Pen Testing