out of it

<<

dredbeard

Post Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm

out of it

So I've been out of programming for....years. I was an avid C++ programmer when I was like in 9th grade...of course that was pretty basic stuff then, but then I kind of dropped off the boat. I recently picked up Python, and I love the verbage of it, but I can never really seem to get anywhere with it either. I was wondering if you guys knew of any good tutorials/books that aren't annoyingly long that would give me a quick intro to stuff without starting at "Hello World" and 2+2=4 stuff.

Also, wondered what kinda netbook would be best for Pentesting with Backtrack. I've always been a fan of the 3e, but I'm not as confident in my advanced hardware knowledge as I'd like to be so I thought I'd drop a line...

db
<<

rattis

Post Mon May 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: out of it

Coding for Penetration Testers comes to minid. written by two of the EH regulars.

As for hardware. I have an EEEpc running bt4 on it. However I prefer having a full sized laptop. Just personal pref. hate the small keyboard and screen size.
Last edited by rattis on Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon May 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: out of it

chrisj wrote:Coding for Penetration Testers comes to minid. written by two of the EH regulars.

+1

Also: http://securitytube-training.com/certif ... ng-expert/
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.

Return to Hardware