CEH Study Material

<<

eyenit0

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

CEH Study Material

So, I took a CEH training course a few years ago, took the exam (v5), passed the exam, and have since let it expire.
I am thinking about renewing it and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on a self study book, particularly one for someone who has passed the test in the past.

I know the price has gone up, which is bogus, and I really didn't think the course/exam was very in depth when I took it, but the certification still seems to have some clout in the community, so I figured it would be a good one to renew and I should be able to pass it fairly easily.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!
<<

DragonGorge

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: CEH Study Material

I used the C|EH All-In-One guide by Matt Walker for the v7 test. I thought it was pretty good info-wise and more importantly...readable. Not just dry material and factoids like some/most of the "Official" CEH stuff.

Keep in mind that v8 is supposed to be released this year (I think).
<<

eyenit0

Post Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks for that info. I looked up v8 and see that you can apparently take the exam but there's no study material for it? I may grab that All-In-One guide, brush up, and take the exam, unless there's a big reason to wait for v8. I just want to brush up enough to know that I'll pass the exam again and can have it on my record, and then move in to a new/better cert.
<<

norbertsk

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello!

At the moment I study for the v7. All the materials are from the taken course, but I reply to you topic because regarding to v8 exam, there is nothing different in materials comparing it to v7. All the difference is in method how the exam gets delivered to a student. The differences were made so that CEH v8 would meet ANSI standarts, thats iT!
I believe you could just google "CEH differences v7 v8"
Hope it made sense.

A for the materials -> go for a book which is written by Matt, because reading official CEH materials gets me a little sleepy, just of the massive amount of info.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker