[Article]-March 2012 Free Giveaway Winner of Training Camp Prize

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

[Article]-March 2012 Free Giveaway Winner of Training Camp Prize

Congrats to this month's winner and good luck to all of you as we continue our mission to help EH-Netters accomplish their dreams of hacking for a living... the legit way!!

Permanent link: [Article]-March 2012 Free Giveaway Winner of Training Camp Prize

We Have a Winner!!

Recently, EH-Net published an interview with CompTIA's Product Manager of CASP, where we wondered if this was The Evolution of Technical Security Certifications? Since then, this new credential has been officially released. Here's your chance to get in early as this month's sponsor writes:

"Be one of the first to earn this new CompTIA advanced-level security certification. With Training Camp, you will receive CompTIA authorized courseware and expert instruction while learning to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex environments. Our course is designed to provide the maximum amount of material over the shortest period of time, enabling students to walk away certified in a matter of only 5 days."

And for this month only, Training Camp is offering a free seat in any CASP course to one lucky member of EH-Net! And the deserving winner this month is El33tsamurai. Congrats!! You too can stay ahead of the curve with Training Camp’s CASP Certification Course and meet the growing demand for advanced IT security in the enterprise today.

Only members are eligible!
Registration Is FREE!

Still plenty of time to make a good impression for this month's prize,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

unicityd

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 am

Re: [Article]-March 2012 Free Giveaway Winner of Training Camp Prize

When I look up El33tsamurai, I don't see him posting anything at all for the month of March.  Is this participation-based or is it a random drawing of all members?
BS in IT, CISSP, MS in IS Management (in progress)
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Thank you so much I really appreciate this.  To the last post I do apologize that my posts were lacking in March but I was heavy in to the OSCP, as well as writing grad papers for all 3 of my grad class, and I started a new job so I was really busy.
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Congrats, El33tsamurai!

unicityd wrote:When I look up El33tsamurai, I don't see him posting anything at all for the month of March.  Is this participation-based or is it a random drawing of all members?

It requires some sort of participation, but it can be kind of random. Sometimes previous activity is rewarded, or maybe someone really earned the prize one month won it then but had to turn it down for some reason. It needs to be somewhat relevant for the person too. If the prize is CISSP training and all the top contributors are CISSPs, it obviously goes to someone who needs it. There is also some intentional rotation, so the same people don't win repeatedly.

At least, I think, anyway. Those are just my observations ;)
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

unicityd

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 pm

I do apologize that my posts were lacking in March but I was...

I was just curious how it works.  I don't mean to take anything away from you and I'm aware you've been active in the past.  I get tied up with school as well.

Congrats and enjoy the class.
BS in IT, CISSP, MS in IS Management (in progress)
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:53 am

Congrats, El33tsamurai!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

millwalll

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 am

well done
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am

ajohnson is correct in that I look at many factors several of which he hit on the head. One that he mentioned does happen often, where I contact a member and for whatever reason can't accept the prize. So most of the time I have to ask several members before I get to someone who not only needs it but can use it. That is also why the winner sometimes isn't chosen until later in the month

I do try to have the winner selected before making the announcement, so that I don't have to keep making updates to the articles and forum threads. That happened in the past where I put someone in the announcement who found out after the fact that they couldn't use it. I felt it was only fair to give that member another prize in a future month. Lo and behold, another member noticed the winner's name twice in a given year and sent a very direct note to me questioning the process.  ::) All of this happens behind the scenes, and it's something that I usually don't share. It's just part of running the site.

Another thought... Since we work very hard at coming up with these prizes, we don't want them to go to waste. So I ask bluntly that if the person can't use it (or thinks he might not be able to) then let me give it to someone else. I'd hate for a prize to sit on the shelf for a year and eventually not be used.

There is a method to my madness. So although it may seem random, I feel the eventual outcomes are more than fair.

Case in point... El33tsamurai. He was not the first member chosen this month. But in the end, he was the memebr with the most posts who had yet to ever win and who could also utilize the prize.

Hope that helps give a glimpse into how it's done.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks everyone.
<<

Triban

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Congrats man!  Have fun at camp!  don't let the bigger boys bully you! :D
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:47 pm

never got the prize :(
<<

cd1zz

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Why not?
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Don says he was working with the company but does not seem like they want to give the prize.
<<

cd1zz

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Hmm. Sounds like they got a free month of advertising. Scammers! Sorry to hear about that.
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 pm

I guess I am just really disappointed!
Next

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net