Other security forums

<<

eyenit0

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 am

Other security forums

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of some other good security forums. I really like ethicalhacker.net but I'd also like to have other options and usually I don't get a lot of help here with technical questions - like if I'm trying to exploit something and get stuck. I've been to sla.ckers.org too but there seem to be a lot of kiddies on there.
Are there other good forums around?
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:02 am

Re: Other security forums

Is this a trap? This seems like a wife/girlfriend asking which woman is the most attractive.

MaXe's Intern0t seems to be more on the technical side, and they have a fairly active IRC channel on Freenode that might be more conducive to troubleshooting issues like that.

I'd encourage you to continue asking here too though; you might have just had bad luck with timing.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm

hmm well EH is a great forums I think the problem with forms is if you want answer straight away it depends who online. Everyone is skilled in their own way and some have more knowledge than others. I would say join an IRC channel as you get answer faster like intern0t as mention there lots guys/girls on it that know about exploits.
<<

Triban

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 am

True and some of us have pesky jobs that don't always allow us to keep up with the forums.  Damn work getting in the way of social activity.  :D  Twitter can also serve for immediate assistance depending on who you follow and who follows you and what hash tags are used.  I've gotten assistance with Powershell scripts that way.
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

eyenit0

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:30 pm

It's not a trap!  ;)

I'm definitely going to stick around here on EH and know most people(including myself) have jobs, I just like to have options to choose from when I have questions about stuff I can't figure out on my own.
Thanks for the suggestions and I'll be sure to give them a try if I can't find what I need here.

Return to Other