Securitytube python scripting certification

<<

j0rDy

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:55 am

Securitytube python scripting certification

It seems that Vivek does not sit still, he has developed another securitytube course named pything scripting.

Here some info:
http://www.securitytube.net/video/3786

Now i know my programming needs some touch-up, all i can do is hope he will release the video's like he did with the other courses!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:02 am

Re: Securitytube python scripting certification

Several of us have already signed up: http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/ ... topic,8695 :)

It looks like he'll be releasing the videos for free at a rate of one per week for those who do not wish to enroll in the course.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

j0rDy

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 am

woops, did a search but did not find that topic, i guess this one can be closed...
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 pm

for 200 bucks on the discount right now looks like a great deal.  I might sign up for this this summer.
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+
<<

alucian

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 am

I'm in !
CISSP ISSAP, CISM/A, GWAPT, GCIH, GREM, GMOB, OSWP
<<

r2s

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:02 pm

+1. Game on come Apr. 25th!
In progress: OSCP & GXPN (June)
"Silence enables the sound to be" - Eckhart Toll
<<

docrice

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 pm

This sounds pretty slick, and I could definitely use some basic Python knowledge (and preferably not from a book).  I haven't read a lot of reviews yet on SecurityTube's offerings, but I might have to sign up for this.  I like the model of "lifetime access" which is pretty nice.  The certification is optional for me, but I may attempt it if time allows.

I'm not sure how ready I am for yet more training.  I'm doing vendor training this week, I have another once next months, and I'm taking two classes at Black Hat.  My brain hurts.  Why do I keep doing this to myself...
GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, OSWP, WCNA, CCNA, CCNA Security, SFCP, SnortCP, and more useless acronyms.

Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm

docrice wrote:Why do I keep doing this to myself...

I feel the same way. I keep telling myself that next year is when the money, fame, and women will kick in...

Someone else recommended www.udacity.com, and I think that's an excellent resource. I unfortunately had to go through the 101 course in a week since I joined late, but a few tips I picked up have already been beneficial in the OSCP labs. The next seven-week session starts on Monday (4/16), and I've signed up for four more courses. They're all free, so there's no reason not to (unless you value your social life).
<<

docrice

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 pm

...What is this "social life" you speak of?

I signed up for the Python course already.  Udacity looks interesting.  My head is going to explode.  I have a long list of projects at work.  Not ... enough ... time.

There's too much cake.
GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, OSWP, WCNA, CCNA, CCNA Security, SFCP, SnortCP, and more useless acronyms.

Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
<<

T_Bone

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:04 am

docrice wrote:I'm not sure how ready I am for yet more training.  I'm doing vendor training this week, I have another once next months, and I'm taking two classes at Black Hat.  My brain hurts.  Why do I keep doing this to myself...

Its ok for some :). I will just about be able to afford the Python Course at the end of the month. It sounds like you have a very supportive company or you have a wide bank account  ;D
<<

docrice

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am

Vendor training sometimes come with the corporate appliance package purchase.  My company is spotting me for Black Hat trainings this year (never done anything at Black Hat other than the Briefings).  Otherwise I generally have to fund my own continuing education, requiring heavy sacrifice in other areas of life...

...which explains why my bank account is looking so lean these days.  It's like walking into a dark empty closet and hearing water dripping somewhere.

On the other hand, I work at an infosec company.  Expectations are pretty high.  If I screw up, I get awarded some walking papers.  The expensive self-investment is necessary to increase the chances of employment survival.

<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 am

docrice wrote:Vendor training sometimes come with the corporate appliance package purchase.  My company is spotting me for Black Hat trainings this year (never done anything at Black Hat other than the Briefings).  Otherwise I generally have to fund my own continuing education, requiring heavy sacrifice in other areas of life...

...which explains why my bank account is looking so lean these days.  It's like walking into a dark empty closet and hearing water dripping somewhere.

On the other hand, I work at an infosec company.  Expectations are pretty high.  If I screw up, I get awarded some walking papers.  The expensive self-investment is necessary to increase the chances of employment survival.

I've always respected that about you. Most people see a stack of SANS/GIAC certs and think you're wealthy or have a company with an insane training budget. You've got an amazing attitude.
<<

Shock

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 pm

ajohnson wrote:I've always respected that about you. Most people see a stack of SANS/GIAC certs and think you're wealthy or have a company with an insane training budget. You've got an amazing attitude.

That could be a interesting avenue for social engineering...

sorry, just a thought  ;)

Return to General Certification