Advertising Question HELP

<<

millwalll

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 am

Advertising Question HELP

Hi all,

I decided to open some advertising slot on my website to try help my pay for course and get some money coming in after losing my job. I just really want some advice on how much to charge.

The advertising slot are 125x125 and will be on all pages I was going to say £25 for a month £500 for a year.

Here are some stats on my site
I have used http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php and says it page rank 1
this year so far I have had 9083 visits  and 19673 page impression.

What do you think is this a good price or is it too cheap/expensive ? any advice would be amazing thanks
<<

jimbob

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am

Re: Advertising Question HELP

You might not like the idea buy you're likely to get better results with an Ad broker like Google. This way you won't need to go looking for customers in an already saturated media.

Regards,
Jimbob
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 am

Yah I was thinking that but what happens is i sign up to Google ad forget about it then never get the money. I would like to make about 2k from this I know im asking for a lot but it would help me do OSCP and CCNA course so was planning to have 10 ads max and hope few people would pay £500 for a year advertising but not sure if the price are too dear.

thinking about it maybe £50 a month and £500 a year that way work out right or do you think £25 a month or £250 a year is better?
Last edited by millwalll on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:08 am

PM me and I'd be happy to give some advice.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

MaXe

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am

Jamie.R wrote:The advertising slot are 125x125 and will be on all pages I was going to say £25 for a month £500 for a year.

25£ a month
500£ a year
I guess you adjusted those initial figures, as 25£ * 12months == 300£  ;D

Jamie.R wrote:Here are some stats on my site
I have used http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php and says it page rank 1
this year so far I have had 9083 visits  and 19673 page impression.

Page Rank 1 is quite low, but it is not everything. It is just an indicator for how "high" you rank on Google. Keep in mind, that the PR (Page Rank), can depend on which subdomain you use, e.g., site.yourdomain.com, and even with or without "www", but also if you have several "index" files (or params), e.g.,: index.php and index.php?site=home, can also have 2 different Page Ranks.

About the visits (are these unique, or plain visits from e.g., 300 unique visitors? Do they include search bots?), how much of these are estimated to be automated attacks and background noise? (In my case it's variable between 5% and 15%)

There's also things such as, where are your visitors located in the world? Where are they coming from? (Google? Other sites?)

Not sure which statistical tool you use, but I use Google Analytics for some of my stats, even though this is not 100% accurate even though it gives a lot of nice demographics to use. (Not everyone has it enabled, some has it blocked.)

Jamie.R wrote:What do you think is this a good price or is it too cheap/expensive ? any advice would be amazing thanks

Well, it may just be a little bit too expensive, unless you already have a lot of people who wants to advertise on your website.

As some of the other people said here, you could use Google Ads, but be careful. There's a limitation on when you can withdraw money, and more importantly, they may deem your website illegal when it is time to withdraw your money, and then you will lose everything you've earned through advertising. (I've tried that once, and yes they do say in their Terms of Use, at least they did once, that all types of hacking related websites are "banned" from using this service.)

Just my 2 cents, hope I gave you some nice information  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er

Return to Other