Online Security Degrees

<<

eyenit0

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Online Security Degrees

Does anyone have experience with any online security degrees? In the past I have focused more on certifications and never got a degree. Now I'm considering going to school and getting a bachelors, but will probably have to go for an online course.
I thought Boston University's course looked interesting, although I honestly haven't looked too far into it.
Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Edit: Major oversight on my part...didn't realize BU's program was just for a Masters, not Bachelors. Whoops.
Last edited by eyenit0 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Online Security Degrees

WGU seems to be one of the more credible / popular online programs amongst IT types. I don't know much about them or their reputation personally, but you might want to check it out: http://www.wgu.edu/degrees_and_programs
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

eyenit0

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Awesome - thanks for the info. I'll look into that one. I saw it on my initial Google search, but hadn't looked into it much yet.
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

I've got a buddy who went through WGU.  He took away a lot from his studies, and it really made a difference for him.  Ten years later, he's the CEO of an IT firm, doing very well for himself.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

eyenit0

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Good to know. I just spent a while looking at reviews online for WGU, as well as many threads on here about it. It definitely seems like a viable option and I may be able to use some of my existing certs and experience toward credits.
I think I'm going to contact them for more information.

Return to Security