Exploit Development Training

<<

robert71

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:55 am

Exploit Development Training

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there who has taken the Ptrace Security's Advanced Software Exploitation training? If so, do you have any recommendation on books, articles, or blog posts to read before I take the class?

Thanks in advance

Robert
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Exploit Development Training

Hi Robert,

I haven't taken their training, but as a general recommendation corelanc0d3r's tutorials cover many different topics that would be useful as a preparation. Similarly, you can find some tutorials by FuzzySecurity, The Grey Corner, Security Shift and Open Security Training. And of course other great resources like phrack and PoC||GTFO.

Looking at the course syllabus and searching for the covered examples that are used during the training, you can find some tutorials and further explanations that deal with the same vulnerabilities online. For example, for "Module 3: ActFax (OSVDB 89944)" a tutorial is provided by Craig himself (assuming it is the same vulnerability that he discovered) as well as by others. The same applies to other examples covered such as "Mozilla Firefox (CVE-2011-2371)" (see here and here).

If you decide to take the course it would be great to see a review. :)
<<

robert71

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 am

Hi UNIX,

Thank you very much for your response. Very interesting links! I've never heard of FuzzySecurity before. Their tutorials about heap overflows seem very well written.

I am still unsure whether to take the course or not, but if I decide to attend the event here in Amsterdam, I'll definitely write a short review for all of you. ;)

Cheers,
Robert
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Did you eventually take the course?

Return to Security