Certification Sticky Section

<<

Dark_Knight

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Certification Sticky Section

Hi Don,
Just a quick thought. In fact I think this has already been suggested, but can we have a sticky section with all the posts describing the various certifications etc. A lot of persons seem to be asking the same questions re getting started, or which cert is best suited for a particular position etc. And in most cases the response is always from previous responses. I agree they could always use the search function but you know how that goes........

So we could a have a sticky section that says "Read here first etc"

Thoughts??
CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA
http://sector876.blogspot.com
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 am

Re: Certification Sticky Section

It's a good idea to have sticky topics for common questions, but having 1 sticky topic for 'certs' isn't practical since there are certs for all of the different areas such as network pen testing, web app, forensics, etc. Add in all of the foundational certs for networking, OS, general security along with the many paths someone could take to becoming an ethical hacker, and it makes it very tough to make a single sticky.

I am open to ideas on how to tackle this. Maybe we have a sticky with multiple links to the various areas of the site in the Greetings Section.

Thoughts?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to Security