Artillery - new toys from ReL1K

<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Artillery - new toys from ReL1K

Last edited by hayabusa on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

MaXe

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Artillery - new toys from Rel1k

Are you referring to Artillery? If so, it has been around for quite some time  :) (More than a month, which is long in "Internet time" xD)

But thanks for sharing it as I'm sure many can benefit from this tool  :) Personally, I've used it on a few servers and it does work quite well on preventing external threats from perhaps, reaching your assets if the first thing they do is to port scan you.

Of course, they can just use a proxy, vpn, etc., but it's quite nice and it does protect against the most common script kiddies  ;) The file integrity checks are a bit resource intensive with directories containing a large amount of files, but it works, even though it still has a few things I'd like to see fixed / improved, such as being able to better include and exclude certain directories to monitor  :) (When you have a long list of directories, it would be nice to include them line by line, instead of just one line  ;D )
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Artillery - new toys from ReL1K

<nod> Yes, I am.  I was aware of it previously, as well, having discussed it and toyed (a little) with it, previously, with Dave, too.  But today, I figured I finally saw this from Dave, hitting mainstream media, so thought I'd shout out for others to tinker with, too.

That said, you're right on the file integrity piece.  I'd noticed my box bogging down a bit more than usual.  But I'm sure Dave will be happy to take suggestions for this 'side project,' in order to better it. <hint> (if you haven't already...)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

MaXe

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:10 pm

hayabusa wrote:That said, you're right on the file integrity piece.  I'd noticed my box bogging down a bit more than usual.  But I'm sure Dave will be happy to take suggestions for this 'side project,' in order to better it. <hint> (if you haven't already...)

At least I'm glad I'm not the only one  ;D (I turned off the feature and thought it would probably be improved in later versions anyway.)

I didn't suggest it though, as I guess he probably and already know there's room for improvement or someone else told him this particular feature could be improved, so yeah, it's a large assumption but I think it'll be improved sooner or later anyway  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

millwalll

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks for the link

Return to Other