C|EH v8?

<<

SephStorm

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 am

Re: C|EH v8?

BillV wrote:The launch dates for the exam and courseware are different.

If I recall, the exam is targeted for an April launch and the courseware is not due out until roughly November.

My guess is that the courseware is going to be "cleaned up," as DragonGorge put it, but will also be aligned with the new exam (expected to be ANSI accredited soon).

A lot of effort has been put into developing this exam per ANSI standards (started back in late 2010). New objectives and task and knowledge domains have been developed by SMEs working in the field. There were a large amount of beta testers that provided feedback on each question. Multiple 'panels' were created to review all of this information and decide what to keep, change, or throw out.

In the end, I expect the exam itself will be a decent change but I don't know anything about the courseware.

Bill, can you comment on this, I found it on the forum I dont have a source yet, but I'm looking:

ah..found the answer.. basically the same with v7:

EC-Council has released the new CEH v8 certification and with this being relatively close and on the tail of the CEH v7, people want to know what the deai is with this back to back change.

The Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 only differs by name and test delivery from the Version 7. The change came because of the ANSI accreditation that the EC-Council went through. The ANSI accreditation required a few, more stringent, delivery techniques in the certification exam process. To be more specific, the ANSI accreditation required that the CEH v8 exam was delivered to each and every student with the same set of guidelines and proctoring procedures. Since the CEH v7 came out prior to the ANSI accreditation, the guidelines were not in place and therefore a new version of the CEH was required.

The CEH v8 does not have any different content or courseware from the CEH v7. Since the CEH Version 8 is the same content as v7, it will not be "launched" or even promoted like the pervious version.

EDIT: found the source: http://www.cehversion8.com/, trainace is the Academy of Computer Education's (a Training provider) website.
Last edited by SephStorm on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

venom77

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:12 am

Yeah, I noticed (and replied to) that post as well. I'm not sure where they are getting their information.

I have not heard anything either way. I would think that in order to align with the updated exam, the courseware will have to change. Maybe they'll keep most/all of it and add in parts that need to be included. Maybe they'll scrap it all and rewrite it. I honestly don't know.

If I were to make a guess, it will be (unfortunately) very similar to v7 with some minor changes. At which point, I don't know how that puts your chances for passing the exam. I would have to look through the v7 courseware and see how close it actually is to the new v8 exam.
<<

oluwunmiemmanuel

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am

Plz i need some help here... i had my training last year but due to some financial problem i couldn't finished my CEH course at my local academy, since then i decide to learn personally and also to prepare for the certified exam myself but unfortunately for me my laptop and my course materials was robbed from me and getting another material since then as been a problem coz i've left the academy. Please i need help on getting the materials back.
Thanks, your help would be sincerely appreciated.
<<

shadowzero

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

oluwunmiemmanuel wrote:Plz i need some help here... i had my training last year but due to some financial problem i couldn't finished my CEH course at my local academy, since then i decide to learn personally and also to prepare for the certified exam myself but unfortunately for me my laptop and my course materials was robbed from me and getting another material since then as been a problem coz i've left the academy. Please i need help on getting the materials back.
Thanks, your help would be sincerely appreciated.

Sorry to hear that, but you should probably contact http://www.eccouncil.org/ and see if they can help you.
<<

stormbyte

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 am

Hi guyz! Just to update this CEH v8 subject.

I passed some days ago the CEH v8 Blueprint with 94,4% result! (I was part of the instructors having the opportunity to challenge it!)
This test is really a good quality: questions are relevant, users definitely need practice with tools before answering. 125 questions in 4H, I've done it in less than 3H so I think there's enough time to analyze each question/simulation described. [I'm already a CEH/CHFI/ECSA/LPT since 2008 plus CISSP,CRISC, CISA, ISO27K1LA, MSCE:Security, CWSP, etc.]

The Official CEH v8 is not available at this time and will not in next months. Q3/Q4 2013 may be a launching date for CEHv8 but courseware will remain the same only the name change aka ANSI accreditation.

Wish you all good luck for you with this newest CEH v8! (PS: we're making CEH Bootcamp training at AKAOMA, just check on Linkedin or website).  You can contact us on: http://www.akaoma.com

More information in French about it: http://www.akaoma.com/nouveautes-ssi/30 ... ansi&nbsp; (English translation will be soon available)
<<

MH@773r

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

@DragonGorge: I think you're right on the money from what I've seen so far. I have two different V7 CEH video series, got the second because the first was being taught by a guy that I couldn't listen to for any amount of time.
As a training instructor and web training developer, I was extremely disappointed by the series I got from Career Academy because this guy, although seemingly very knowledgeable, sounds like the mother in "Throw Mamma From the Train".
No offense but he literally sounded throughout the series like he was either succumbing to a tumor on the vocal chords or in process of a huge bout of Laryngitis. Made it impossible to sit through more than 30 minutes without jumping out the second story window.
The course I got from CBT nuggets uses the same slides from the course manual, but the narrator is much easier on the ears and engaging, makes it fun to get the info and really understand it. NO, I do not work for that company.
I am really concerned by all this thread because I've been working very hard to grasp the information and really learn the materials of the V7 course. I would hate to think that all this effort would be negated by the time I get to the point of being prepared to test.
I was so glad to hear you say they need to focus on the few tools that are most used. That would really help. I had a friend who is very old in the security industry tell me that main effort would be best spent initially with really learning to use NMAP, Metasploit, and some BASH scripting experience. There are of course minor things such as whoami, dnsookup, etc. for recon, but he said that with proper use of Google you can recon a good portion of a hack. Got a Johnny Long Google hacking book for that one, and man I had no idea how powerful Google is. Anyway, I completely agree with every single point you made, and no I'm not sucking up. I just know from experience that these are true pain points with the manual for this cert. Thanks!
"Just to survive in this place you'd have to be completely insane,.. which fortunately I am."
<<

j0rDy

Post Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 am

Got this in my mailbox yesterday:

In conjunction with the launch, EC-Council has prepared a complimentary First Look session for cyber professionals to test drive the program. Details below:

CEHv8 First Look (Open to the public)

Date : May 8th, 2013
Time : New York 10am / Singapore 10pm / London 3pm / Dubai 6pm / India 7.30pm / Singapore 10pm / Korea 11pm
Duration : 2 hours
Speaker : Haja Mohideen,
EC-Council Co-Founder and Vice President (Technology)

More info:
https://www.eccouncil.org/courses/new_release/certified_ethical_hacker_v8.aspx
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
Previous

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker