Offensive Security's OSWE

<<

UNIX

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Offensive Security's OSWE

Together with their new web interface, OS also launched a new course and certification, called Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE)/ Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE)!

More info is available at their site.
Last edited by UNIX on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

j0rDy

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Offensive Security's OSWE

i just saw the other post about the new courses, but i am missing a rather important one. While browsing the new site i found out that they released a FREE metasploit course based on the metasploit framework they have been releasing the last couple of months. More information and a link to the course can be found here:

http://www.offensive-security.com/community-projects/metasploit-unleashed/
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Actually, Unleashed has been around for a while.  ;)

But it gets updated and always has good stuff!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

It seemed to me that it's not a new course, "just" the Metasploit Unleashed course which is already available for quite a while. Although it has a new design and some new additions. It's a great resource, especially for those new to the MSF.

Btw, the syllabus for AWAE is available here.
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 am

wow, seems that i was way off last time i was here (2 posts, 2 f*ckups  ;)). It is the same material, I was thrown off by the new layout, but 2 clicks in i realized it is the metasploit unleashed material...i should be back on track by now  ;D
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

MaXe

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

I can't wait to see the reviews, as I'd really like to know more about what this course has to offer  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

Seen

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Did anyone take this course at Black Hat, or hear anything about it?  I haven't heard anything since it was announced.
Sec+, eCPPT
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm

At one point, I had heard they were trying to get an online course ready by the end of the year, but I have no idea how credible that information is.

I would imagine they would have some type of update around the end of the year regardless. Last year the first round of BlackHat pricing closed on Feb 1, so they'd at least have new BlackHat dates/prices if they were planning on offering the course again then.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

Shock

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 am

MaXe wrote:I can't wait to see the reviews, as I'd really like to know more about what this course has to offer  :)

Pain, Sweat, and Tears (of, hopefully, joy)

And no one should expect anything less from these guys.
<<

stock99

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 pm

anyone has update? I am trying to recommend this training to my team.

I wonder if this training offer the same lap environment like oscp virtual lab? Not just the exam challenge lab.

Also, this training doesn't seem to cover all of owasp top 10 but focus on a some only?
<<

lorddicranius

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Their site still has the course labelled as "coming soon." http://www.offensive-security.com/infor ... loitation/
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 pm

lorddicranius wrote:Their site still has the course labelled as "coming soon." http://www.offensive-security.com/infor ... loitation/

I think this Black Hat is the second or third time they're offering it. Maybe they're just trying to work out the kinks and/or add some polish before making more widely available?

I'm taking AWE out there, so I'll see if I can get any more info. I'm not expecting more than, "It's in progress" though.
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 am

Yeah, keep us updated. Have been interested in this one for a while.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:04 pm

So... they realize how enormous the demand is and are working on getting the course online. However, PWB is still their most popular course by far, and the Kali revision is the project they're focusing on at the moment. This is just speculation on my part, but I would be surprised to see it in 2013.

I was honestly surprised at how small the company is, and it's seriously impressive how much they put out, especially for free (Kali, MSF Class, and ExploitDB). They definitely deserve a ton of respect for all they do. Despite deriving pleasure from seeing you suffer, they were some of the nicest people I've ever met in infosec, and they were super cool to hang out with. Although, muts is aware of how miserable he's made people's lives with his courses, and he carries around a miniature baseball bat for self defense ;D

Everyone I talked to that has taken the course, or was taking the course, said it was fantastic (as expected), so I'm eagerly anticipating this more than ever.

Return to General Certification