C|EH v7

<<

cbur2107

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 am

C|EH v7

First post, hope this is the right section. 

I am about to take the CEH v7 exam, I actually purchased the courseware from EC-Council when it was v6 still - so I had to re-purchase the e-courseware for v7 and bridge the gap between the two in my studies.

Couple Questions:
- How would you guys rate the difficulty of the v7 exam?
- The cert introduces hundreds of tools, how much of the exam covers these specific tools?  Or is it only the "main" ones?
- Any suggestions on practice tests for v7?  I have found a bunch online, but ironically enough the answers vary and I feel like most of them are v6 based.

The test fee is $500, that is also the cost to re-take the test.  Any help would be much appreciated, as I hope to only take it once.

I have gotten lots of good info from this forum searching online in the past, thanks to all.
M.S. Computer Information Security, C|EH, Sec +, MCP
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: C|EH v7

The CEH exam can seem difficult because of the wide range of topics it covers. If you stick to the objectives, know them well (you should be able to explain the concepts, not just know of them), and know the use of the "main" tools (including command line switches) then you should be okay on the exam.

I can't offer any suggestions for practice exams as I don't have any direct experience with them and can't recall who in our community has used them or what they would recommend. I'm sure you'll get some more replies.

Welcome to community.

BillV
<<

cbur2107

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for the reply BillV.....with over 695 views you were the only one who shared insight, so I appreciate it.

I passed the test on Saturday and it was a bit easier than anticipated.  Thanks again.
M.S. Computer Information Security, C|EH, Sec +, MCP
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Sorry cbur2107... 

I hadn't done any practice exams, either.  BillV has the close ties in EC-Council, so I had no more to offer than he did.  Glad to hear you passed!  Congrats!

What's next?  ;)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, definitely congrats on passing the exam! Sorry there wasn't much feedback other than mine. Sounds like you didnt need it though. What did you end up doing as far as practice tests go? Did you end up purchasing one? If so, which? I hope you stick around the forums and continue to contribute. Again, congrats on the exam pass.
<<

impelse

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Congrats for you pass
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker