OSWP v3

<<

millwalll

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:45 pm

OSWP v3

Hi all,

Did anyone else upgrade to version 3 ? what did you think of it ? I was little disappointed with it there does not seem to be much new material. 
<<

KrisTeason

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: OSWP v3

Hey Jamie -

I didn't upgrade yet I was holding off until I received some review of the material and how it compares with v2. What were the prime differences? When I was going through the WiFu Demo, I noticed it wasn't Muts' voice - Did they split the course work up into 2 people demo'ing the course?
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

millwalll

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:38 pm

No I think they have re done the course by the new person the only real difference I could see was

Cracking WPA with cowpatty and rainbow tables
Cracking WPA with pyrit
Rouge access points
wireless reconnaissance

I have not watch the other video but they have the same seem exactly the same as the old material.
<<

rattis

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Is that all there is to the upgrade? Pay the $100, and get the new material? Any exam to take?
OSWP, Sec+
<<

millwalll

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:30 pm

no exam you just get the new vids I personally don't think was worth it I would rather put the $100 towards another course.
<<

docrice

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:04 am

Really?  There's no 3.0 version of the exam?  Considering the new additional material, I figured there'd be a revised challenge which tests for these techniques.  I quickly went through short bits of the newer sections in the video content and kept thinking that it's about time they start testing students on WPA attacks (as it was only superficially covered in the previous version).
GSEC, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GWAPT, GAWN, GPEN, OSWP, WCNA, CCNA, CCNA Security, SFCP, SnortCP, and more useless acronyms.

Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
<<

millwalll

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 pm

no exam and the new material is hmm minor you can get all material on securitytube for free there is nothing unique about it.
<<

rattis

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:17 am

I'm sure there is an exam for new students. We had to pass the exam last time. Just not one for the upgrade.

actually, I'll probably buy the upgrade just for the new videos and material.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

MaXe

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

xXxKrisxXx wrote:...
When I was going through the WiFu Demo, I noticed it wasn't Muts' voice

Not Muts' voice, how can that be! D: But.. The video's are especially great because of Muts' voice that makes the listener interested in wanting more  ;D

But I guess they wanted to try something new, or perhaps Muts was busy elsewhere  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:40 am

i am sure the new subjects are a great addition to the course, especially the rogue access point part. a while ago i was fiddling with this and setting up things like a rogue radius server, which is quite interesting...
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net

Return to Wireless