A sincere plea for NT password hash help

<<

desperateX

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am

A sincere plea for NT password hash help

Hello everyone,
I posted this in another room then realized it was off topic
I have been lurking this site for a few days now reading old posts and trying to educate my self. Looks like a fine place.
I am writing asking for your help and or advice. Heres my story.
Recently my wife left me and with her she took my almost 3 yo girl. She didnt actually leave me but rather kicked me out.
In doing so I lost my business (organic farm) and am now unemployed with no house to furnish for visitation w my girl.
She is leveraging me legally on those grounds calling me an "unfit parent". Their is plainly a lot of pain and resentment in this separation.
I am a good, caring father and wa a faithful husband. But, such is life.
I recently learned through a mutual friend that she has started seeing her old boyfriend from her early 20's and he has been spending time w my girl.
Also such is life except he has a very violent past and she left him because of that and his drug habit. Not someone I want to expose my girl to.

I am not going to lie and say I lost my password or some other bullshit story like that. I didnt, but I did manage to get her NT password oph crack was unable to
decode it any further.
I know the ethics here and I respect them, really. I am though pleading that if anyone knows where I can find some help decoding this hash for me, please please step
forward. I have tried the rainbow table thing but my computer is to old and I am not savvy enough to make it work (have tried several times) it just crashes my computer.
This is the hash    531f5b4ed008d8a90e1af385a6781544 I really hope I coppied it down right off of ophcrack. I realize that ophcrack only furnishes the password to get into the computer but she ALLWAYS uses the same password for her email. If anyone can help with advice or more please feel free to contact me here or @ eriks_address@hotmail.com I do not want to take her away from herr mother but rather have some leverage of my own that will buy me some time to get a job and an apartment.
This may sound fishy to you and if you would like I am happy to show you my facebook account which would largly back my story up. ANY insights would be GREATLY appreciated.
Many thanks
Erik
Last edited by desperateX on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SephStorm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Re: A sincere plea for NT password hash help

I hear ya, but we cant help.  8)

Why are you trying to get into the email? Trying to get evidence to use against her? If so you are out of luck, any information gained would (WMU) inadmissable in a court of law (I assume civil court too). Your best bet is o get a job and fight for your daughter (In court, no on he street... or over the internet) If I was a judge I would weigh that in a person's favor more than any dug up dirt.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

KrisTeason

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi desperateX,

Welcome to EthicalHacker.net! Sounds like your in a tight bind. While it's great you took the time to sign up, you've acknowledged the rules yourself and know were all for ethical work here. I agree with SephStorm on this. The information you obtain would probably get dismissed, especially if illegal obtained.

Gaining access to someone's e-mail is illegal in most countries that I know of. You won't be receiving help on this topic from anyone. This isn't a blackhat forum.
Last edited by KrisTeason on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

desperateX

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I completely understand.
I agree that it would not be useful in court. I am not looking to use in court but rather as leverage in gaining some visitation w/ my girl. She lives at her parents house who moved out of the state. We used to live there togethor and she initially gained the house when she finally left the X she is now back with. Just me knowing this information and being able to furnish it to her parents is all I need. I do not want my girl around him and although she is a good person at heart she turns into a different person when she is plugged into him.
As far as a job goes. I agree, and I have been looking like crazy. I have a rather high college degree and still find it hard to get my foot in the door.
I respect the fact that you all are sticking to your guns and are not willing to crack this hash, but as I said in my post, any help would be wonderful. Any tips on where to go for this sort of thing?
Many thanks
E
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:27 am

Did you not ready what xXxKrisxXx  had to say?  "Gaining access to someone's e-mail is illegal in most countries that I know of. You won't be receiving help on this topic from anyone. This isn't a blackhat forum."

We understand life is hard but trying to diminish our site by asking us to do illegal things is not right.
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+
<<

unicityd

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 am

The other posters already covered the fact that this is illegal, unethical, etc.  I won't argue that further.

I would like to point out that you have better (legal) options.  The first and most important thing that you can do is talk to your attorney.  And if you don't have one, get one.  Look into legal aid services if you need to.  Any good family law attorney has dealt with similar problems before and should be able to advise you on the best route to take. 

If your ex is using drugs or inviting drug users into the house, you may be able to get a restraining order and/or win custody on that basis.  A friend of mine had a similar problem and he did get a restraining order and when his ex kept inviting her drug-using boyfriend over anyway my friend eventually won full legal and physical custody without any visitation rights for his ex.  I can't tell you what will happen in your cause, but your results will improve tremendously if you get a good attorney and follow his/her advice.

Any evidence that you have (legitimately) that your ex is providing an unsafe environment will help you in court.  Your daughter is probably to young to provide any sort of testimony in court, but the court may decide to appoint someone to speak with her to gain some insight into what happens at mommy's house and who is there with her.  You may also be within your rights to hire a private investigator (talk to you attorney first) to find out who is out the house with your daughter and when.  Under no circumstances should you start investigating yourself.  If your ex is able to show the court that you're hacking her email, hanging out around her house, etc. she's going to get a restraining order against you and this is is going to hurt.  She can make you out to be the psychotic stalker ex-husband instead of the concerned father.

Becomes it bears repeating:

Talk to an attorney ASAP.

Do not read her email, follow her, check up on her or otherwise snoop or investigate on your own.  Don't have someone do it for you either unless you hire a licensed investigator.

Good luck.

Steven
BS in IT, CISSP, MS in IS Management (in progress)
<<

desperateX

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 am

Unicity,
Thank you very much for the sound advice.

I want to point out to the man who likes to hear him self talk, I very specifically wrote that I RESPECT YOUR ETHICS and was simply asking if you could direct me anywhere. Please read the entire post before you decide to get on a high horse. This site came highly recommended by one of your top posters.

The reason why I have access to her computer is because it is my computer and I have agreed to let her use it and I use the desktop for the time being since she earns her livelihood by work done online. And the reason I have access to it is because the only way I can spend time w my daughter is by going to her house, which is the same address that is on my drivers licence.

I truly value your advice but know my wife and know that she will respond to my knowlege much more passively than a summons.
I am not trying to make a case for you all to hack that hash but more so to let you know that I am not some white trash, deadbeat fatherr looking to exact revenge on my X.

Again, If anyone has any advice as to where I can go please email me or respond to this post. And please read it in its entirety before you decide to flame and get all stick up your ass on me.
Many thanks
E
<<

Triban

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation but both posters who responded to your initial post are correct in their actions.  Whether you are asking us offline or on the forum, it is still unethical to pursue your current course of action.  Most of us have certifications that require us to follow a code of ethics.  It is not just because the site is called "Ethical Hacker" we all signed agreements whether we are GIACs, CISSPs or CEHs.  What you are looking for is not to be found on this site, nor will we help you to find the information for such activities regardless if it is used with good intentions. 

Your best bet is to consult a lawyer, whether you choose to pursue that route or not is up to you.  We are trying to be helpful here by keeping you from doing the wrong thing and getting yourself arrested or getting any evidence you find thrown out of court.  Don't knock the folks here, they are helpful to a point but we will not violate ethics.  Whoever lead you to believe that this was the place to help you with your problem may need to reconsider their own membership as well. 

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

SephStorm

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Indeed, we are providing advice. I have seen many relationships on this path. No one is helped by wars of the heart, the best choice you have is to take the high road and to get into the courts as fast as possible.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

eth3real

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi desperateX.

Welcome to the forum. I just wanted to let you know, for what it's worth, that nobody is flaming you for what you're trying to do. While we do disagree with it, we are trying to point you in the right direction, nobody is outright not helping you.

That being said, I'd like to point out that by not helping you crack the password hash, we're also helping you avoid any legal troubles that could come your way by illegally accessing someone's email account.

I know you feel that you would be able to get the information you need by going that route, but nobody here will be able to help due to the nature of your request. We do still welcome you here, and want to help in any (legal, ethical) way we can. Please keep us updated as you make progress, we hope the best for you.

Just for the record, I'm kind of impressed that you managed to find Ophcrack and try it out. :)
Put that in your pipe and grep it!
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 am

lol @ eth3real "Just for the record, I'm kind of impressed that you managed to find Ophcrack and try it out."

You seem like a bright guy desperateX so think of it this way is it really worth hacking her email ? If you get caught you just giving her more of an excuses to say your not a good father. And giving the chance to have you arrested its not worth it. I know your situation is hard but breaking the law to gain access is just not going make it anything better.
<<

venom77

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:34 am

Not that I'm going to disagree or argue with the community here as the advice is solid and the same advice I would give but just to put this to rest...

If it's your computer, why don't you just install a keylogger and be done with it?

disclaimer: use at your own risk
<<

venom77

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 am

Also, it probably wouldn't be right if I didn't point you to this story...

Husband facing five years in jail after hacking wife's email

Snooping through wife's email earns man felony charges

Husband faces jail for trying to hack wife's email

Some interesting quotes...

accessed his former wife's email account, when they were still married, after he suspected her of having an affair with her then ex-husband.

While establishing that her [sic] wife was indeed having an affair, he also discovered that her former husband, with whom she was having an affair at that time, was once arrested for beating her up in front of her son.

So, again, you should seek legal advice and not go down the path you're looking towards. While not exactly the same, this man was in a pretty similar situation and only ended up harming himself.

Good luck.

Return to Other