[Article]-October 2011 Free Giveaway Winners - Mile2

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am

[Article]-October 2011 Free Giveaway Winners - Mile2

It sometimes takes longer to make an announcement, but, as we have in the past, we like to make sure that the winners can actually use the prize. This month is a little different. We've contacted the top 2 winners, and one hasn't gotten back. But we need to get this out, so if we don't hear from the second main prize winner, I'll reward it to one of the other 10 winners of the lesser prize. I'll contact the second 10 soon after I hear from the other main winner.

As always, it's an absolute pleasure to be able to give these great prizes away and actually have a positive, real effect on the careers of our readers.

Permanent link: [Article]-October 2011 Free Giveaway Winners - Mile2

We Have Lots of Winners!!

That's right! With over $14,000 worth of training to give away from last month's sponsor, there are lots and lots of winners. Many thanks to Mile2 for their generosity not only to the members of EH-Net this month, but also their continued support of those in the military and law enforcement. I know the value of the prizes are staggering, and I don't fool myself in thinking that this can continue each and every month, but I'll ride this current wave as long as I can. Mile2 offers quality training for topics ranging from pentesting & forensics to disaster recovery and secure coding. See all of Mile2's course offerings. And the winners are:

- Two online live seats ($3000 per seat) and free exams ($250) for cd1zz & a player to be named later.
- 10 video and examination combos ($800 per seat) is awarded to 3xban, alucian, billv, eth3real, hayabusa, Joshsevo, Negrita, p0et, rance & YuckTheFankees.
- And ALL EH-Netters Win 50% Off Anything & Everything Mile2 Offers

As with every month, all you have to do is participate on EH-Net. Write some reviews or tutorials, spread the word of EH-Net to the wider security community, share in the forums, help someone advance their career, tweet our articles... whatever you think you can do to increase the reach and effectiveness of our growing community gets you noticed. Getting noticed gets you great prizes. It's that simple. Congrats to the winners, and thanks for all you do to make EH-Net THE place for security professionals! 

Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; help a newbie... quality is more important than quantity.

Only members are eligible!
Registration Is FREE!

Thanks to all EH-Netters,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

n3r

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am

Re: [Article]-October 2011 Free Giveaway Winners - Mile2

Congrats to all the winners !! You got really nice prizes this month !!
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:47 am

Well done to all winners! You have an amazing prize wish it was me :P
<<

Darktaurus

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 am

Congrats everyone! Have fun with the great prizes!  Save time for Turkey Day!  ;D
OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CISSP, GPEN

www.agoonie.com
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:45 am

wow. I really thought I had a chance. Well, congrats to all who did win, and we cant wait for your reviews. And thanks to Don for getting the 50% off offer extended. That will certainly help those who didnt win.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 am

Thx, don, and congrats to all the winners!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

r2s

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 am

SephStorm wrote:wow. I really thought I had a chance. Well, congrats to all who did win, and we cant wait for your reviews. And thanks to Don for getting the 50% off offer extended. That will certainly help those who didnt win.

Same :P. Definitely congrats to the winners! This is a great forum and I plan to keep contributing more advice as I grow in the IA community.
In progress: OSCP & GXPN (June)
"Silence enables the sound to be" - Eckhart Toll
<<

YuckTheFankees

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 am

This is a great prize to win. I've been focusing on my Red Hat certs, so I havent been able to come on here as much as usual..but I will definitely give a review of the course once I finish.
OSCP in progress
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 am

I'm planning on looking at the CSWAE package, once they get in touch with me, and will write up a review on it, once I'm entrenched in it.  I know it's a newer program from them, and added training in web apps never hurts.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

eth3real

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 am

Congrats to everyone who won, this is a great set of prizes. :)

SephStorm and r2s, don't be discouraged, you will have plenty of other chances for other great prizes!

I've been looking at the course list at Mile2. Does anyone know how these compare with EC-Council's certifications? Is Mile2's CPEH similar to CEH?
Put that in your pipe and grep it!
<<

Triban

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks Mile2 and Don for making this happen!  I am looking forward to this!  I am just not sure which way to go.  The fun kid inside wants to go with the frosted goodness of CPTE, but the adult in me wants to consider CIHE or CDFE.  I think any of them would actually be fun.  Whichever I decide I'll be sure to write up a review.

:D
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

lorddicranius

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 am

Gratz to everybody who won :)
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

rance

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:07 am

Wah-hoo! Thanks EH and M2!
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH
<<

venom77

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 pm

eth3real wrote:I've been looking at the course list at Mile2. Does anyone know how these compare with EC-Council's certifications? Is Mile2's CPEH similar to CEH?

There have been a couple posts here and there regarding this topic if you search the forums.

If there isn't a good, solid comparison out there yet, I'm pretty sure you can expect several coming soon given this giveway!

Thanks, Don! Great prize! And congrats to all the winners!
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm

My opinion: CPTE= CEH (with knowledge) I say that because it defiantly makes a better effort to demonstrate the concepts and tools.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
Next

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net