Joe Black: Update

<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Joe Black: Update

I just thought to look up our old friend Joe Black, and see what he was up to, Well, it looks like Black and Berg went under, But Jo Black has a "new" company, Joe Black Security! The only problem is that this "leading Midwest Cybersecurity Consulting Firm" has a website that is hosted on a subdomain registrar. Thats right, http://about.me/josephblack

And... OMG, this guy has lost his freaking mind... this individual who claimed to want to be a White House Cybersecurity advisor, and claimed to be under the protection of US Cyber Command, now says he is: the "Official Spokesperson and Advisor to Anonymous and Antisec operations" and a "Professor at the Joe Black Institute for Higher Learning" I see he is no longer working at eFrame, I wonder what the conditions of his release were?

His associate "Elyssa Durant" (Im highly suspicious that this person doesnt even exist...) was the "Director, CounterIntelligence Unit, Black & Berg CyberSecurity, LLC" Since when does a civilian consultancy have a counterintel unit? She was also the "Director, Black Co. Operations" For some strange reason, her backround isnt in cyber, intelligence analysis or counterintel... how strange...
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

lorddicranius

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Joe Black: Update

I was just thinking about Joe and all of that mess the other day...I was wondering what, if anything, was going on these days.  Turns out he just keeps on going and going haha.  Boris posted some info he found on Elyssa awhile back:

http://jadedsecurity.net/2011/06/20/who ... sa-durant/

As for her being a real person or not, I'm leaning toward yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkVtucGFaqc

But as for why she posts all those documents in a video containing PII, I have no idea why.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 pm

... she has a book on euthanasia in that video on her shelf....  :o

The longer I watch this video, I... I actually feel sorry for her. She looks so normal... I wonder if there was an accident or something? Maybe Joe hit her upside the head with one of his speeches. (jk, but seriously... I think she needs help)
<<

lorddicranius

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah, saw that book too.  And I was wondering the same thing.  Watching that vid, you see documents of past due medical bills, etc.  And if you watch some of the other vids she's done, there seems to be an extremely high level of paranoia.  From that perspective, it's a little disturbing that the person controlling the Joe Black account kinda strings her along.

But who knows, it's difficult to tell what's fact and fiction with all the BS they post on their blogs, websites, Twitter, etc.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

SephStorm

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 pm

true enough.
<<

SephStorm

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:48 am

Last planned update, and you wont believe it.

www.kmtv.com/news/local/132927403.html
<<

lorddicranius

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I just heard about this while listening to the latest Exotic Liability podcast.  Just wow...
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

lorddicranius

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

Attrition has a write-up regarding that whole car chase incident as well.

http://attrition.org/postal/asshats/joe ... de-01.html

**Late, I know.  But I saw the thread title again and it reminded me of the article :P
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

SephStorm

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:50 pm

The guy was assaulting his MOTHER?!  :o

Return to Other