Noob Help

<<

tamato

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am

Noob Help

Hi Guys just joined the site

Id like to just give a small backgroud
My company paid for my studies and i just did my Comptia security + but i am still waiting for the international exam vouchers so decided to carry on with the CEH so long But the cource is CEH V3 and is ancient but non the less the exam is the same i saw so what im doing is getting as much info as possible on the web

My question is on CEH
Can some one that has knowlage be a bit of a mentor or answer some of my questions here?
I need to get my head around some of the things

I get most of the tools and linux commands etc but what i want to know is the sniffing and null sessions all those do you check that when you are already in a network or does that happen while you do footprinting
Its all a bit of a blur to me
Sorry for posting such a long one just a bit nervous about the cource

Thanks
Much Apretiated

Oh yes BTW im from South africa :)
<<

millwalll

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Noob Help

There are many good free mythologies that can help with your question.

http://www.isecom.org/osstmm/

You would need to be connected to the network in order to perform the task  you mention.

hope this helps
<<

tamato

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:53 pm

HI

Thanks Soooo much Jamie I am so glad i found this forum im sure it will keep me busy

I also had a look at your post of  videos on youtube backtrack 4 etc
That made alot more cence than the online study
and im sure the link you sent me will help even more
thanks again
well let me be off to the reading and testing
Cheers
<<

Solinus

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 am

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will be able to get plenty of assistance with your questions here. Are you saying that you are studying the v3 material with plans to take the latest exam? I think you will be at a disadvantage if that is the case. V7 is very different from any of the earlier exams. Also, you need to get an authirization code to take the CEH exam which comes from either attending an authorized training or submitting an application if eligibility (with $100 fee). You have to prove 2yrs experience to sit for the exam.
There are many great resources to assist with your studying and most have been discussed here on this forum. There are links to practice quizzes, articles, tutorials and more. Do some searching here and you will find much. Do not be afraid to seek assistance either. Lots of experienced people here who are always glad to help.

Good luck with your studies.

Kerry
MCITP:EA | MCTS(x5) | CEHv7 | MCSA+Sec | MCSE+Sec | Security +
| CCNA-V | WCSP | DSCE | PCT |CIW Security Analyst | CSSA
Kerry
MCITP:EA | MCTS(x5) | MCSA+ | MCSE+ | Security + | CCNA | WCSP |
DSCE | PCT |CIW Security Analyst | CSSA
<<

rance

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Jamie.R wrote:There are many good free mythologies that can help with your question.

Mythologies?!  Totally wrong forum!  ;D
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH
<<

jeffersonkane

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:29 am

Can some one that has knowlage be a bit of a mentor or answer some of my questions here? I need to get my head around some of the things.
<<

YuckTheFankees

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Ask your questions and people will mostly likely answer. We have some awesome people here, take advantage of the knowledge and skills on this forum.
OSCP in progress
<<

l33t5h@rk

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 pm

YuckTheFankees wrote:Ask your questions and people will mostly likely answer.

Definitely

YuckTheFankees wrote:We have some awesome people here, take advantage of the knowledge and skills on this forum.

Most definitely.
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:44 am

Adding to this use the search post first to make sure your question have not already been answered!
<<

venom77

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:37 am

Where are you getting the CEH training materials from? If you're going through a provider that's using v3 materials, you need to find a new training provider.
<<

tamato

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 am

Hi  been busy for a while had a huge fight with the provider but i eventually got the v7 and went through it

Thanks again for the replies just need to go through everything and hope for the best :) in passing

Just keep hitting a wall when it comes to the actual hacking part
can do the small things but dont understand the doing parts sheesh pulling out my hair and googling my ass offf

The way i see it is the social eng is the most important because you have to con someone in clicking or doing something before the hack works , becuae i cant event get into my test env with win 7 or something with no firewall or any security without a link or copying a file over ...... surely it doesn't work that way according to the ceh

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker