Burp with Iphone

<<

millwalll

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 am

Burp with Iphone

Hi all,

I am trying to use burp with my an iphone and as far as I can tell I have set it up correctly but i get http error.

I have gone to my iphone that is connect to my wireless and set the proxy on it  with the ip of my machine and 8080.
<<

lorddicranius

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Burp with Iphone

I believe Burp is intended to be used on a single machine for web app testing.  Configure the browser on your computer that's running Burp, not a remote machine.  It sounds like you have Burp setup, but instead of configuring the proxy settings on your iPhone, configure the proxy settings in the web browser on your computer running Burp.  Then you browse to a website using the same machine, capturing all the HTTP traffic and do with it as you please.  The proxying happens all on the same computer instead of happening across multiple computers.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:25 am

I am trying to capture traffic that is coming from my iphone I have seen it can be done but its just not working.
<<

rance

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:35 am

You need to turn off the "Loopback only" proxy listener option in Burp, then you can point any remote device at the burp proxy IP/port, and it'll work just like any other proxy.  Burp defaults to "loopback only" (ie local local machine interface) so the proxy does not accept remote incoming connections from random machines.
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH

Return to Mobile