Need help

<<

Fynn

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am

Need help

Hey guys, i have a big problem here.
There is a girl or  boy in facebook that named herself by a name of "gossip girl" she with this name is gossiping about many people in our school, somethings are real some are not but all of them are private. I want to find out who she is. With a little google'ing and stuff i managed her to send me an email, so that i could get her IP. Now what i need to know is how can i find what other facebook accounts she logs in to while using that IP. Ip tracers doesn't work here because it doesn't show exact adress. Can anyone help me.
This is her IP: 78.60.105.65
<<

rance

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Need help

This sounds like a matter that Facebook should address, you should contact them.
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH
<<

Fynn

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 am

And there is actually no other way?
<<

rance

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:55 am

That would be the official, responsible way to start dealing with a "gossiper" on a site like that... why would you need another way?
<<

Fynn

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:58 am

Well, i want to do that as a anonim. I am not searching for enemies ,but i have my rights to know.
<<

lorddicranius

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 am

Judging by your grammar and that you mention "Gossip Girl", I'm assuming you're located in the U.S.  The IP address you provided is based in Lithuania.  Just sayin.

I'd also recommend going the route of contacting Facebook to help you resolve this situation.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

rance

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 am

If you file a complaint with facebook, it's highly unlikely that they're going to turn around and tell the other person who you are.

Your other option is lawyers and subpenas for IP logs from Facebook and ISPs.  If this is a threatening harassment situation, you may want to contact law enforcement.
<<

Fynn

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am

I am from Lithuania, the girl is from my school. You can check my IP if you want. Maybe you guys know how can i contact facebook so that they would tell me who she is? Because i actually can't find such option  :-[
<<

lorddicranius

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 am

I was hoping that that show hadn't left our [U.S.] borders lol.

Try looking here: https://www.facebook.com/help

...but ditto what rance said above.  Good luck.
Last edited by lorddicranius on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

r2s

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:23 pm

rance wrote:If you file a complaint with facebook, it's highly unlikely that they're going to turn around and tell the other person who you are.

Your other option is lawyers and subpenas for IP logs from Facebook and ISPs.  If this is a threatening harassment situation, you may want to contact law enforcement.

+1. You definitely do not deserve to be harassed; the key word with Law Enforcement would be "threatening" or "imminent danger" depending on whether or not this harassing is just online or has manifested physically (I'm assuming at this point its virtually as you did not mention the latter scenario).
In progress: OSCP & GXPN (June)
"Silence enables the sound to be" - Eckhart Toll
<<

Fynn

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 am

She deleted that account with all posts. I heard that some guys from higher grade told her, that they are going to police if she is not stopping.
And about lawyers, it is kinda hard with that in Lithuania. You need a lot of money and time to do that kind of things. Still, even if nobody knows who she is im glad that this "gossiping" finally stopped. :)
<<

r2s

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:14 am

Fynn wrote:She deleted that account with all posts. I heard that some guys from higher grade told her, that they are going to police if she is not stopping.
And about lawyers, it is kinda hard with that in Lithuania. You need a lot of money and time to do that kind of things. Still, even if nobody knows who she is im glad that this "gossiping" finally stopped. :)

Glad to hear this update!  :)
In progress: OSCP & GXPN (June)
"Silence enables the sound to be" - Eckhart Toll

Return to Ethical Hacktivism