C|EH self study !!

<<

rebrov

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 am

C|EH self study !!

i've been studying CEH for while and i took a course in it , and i have already 2 years experience in security field as they say ,,, but i want to know that if i requested the voucher code with just the 2 years security experience ,, would they agree to gimme the voucher or ,, should i be certified in CCNA , MCSE , and more like some one told me !!! ?
<<

hayabusa

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:41 am

Re: C|EH self study !!

I would like to think they'd allow it, based on some other folks I've seen, who have their C|EH, and really couldn't have the experience to have it, based on discussions I've had with them.  But I can't speak for EC.  Perhaps BillV can give you more info, with his connections there.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rebrov

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 am

hayabusa wrote:I would like to think they'd allow it, based on some other folks I've seen, who have their C|EH, and really couldn't have the experience to have it, based on discussions I've had with them.  But I can't speak for EC.  Perhaps BillV can give you more info, with his connections there.

Thanks Hayabusa :)
<<

hayabusa

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:34 am

<nod> You're welcome!  Make sure, when you get an answer, that you let everyone else know, if someone else ever has the same question.  ;)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

venom77

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 am

They would likely grant you the voucher. I believe their may be a fee for this now.
<<

Solinus

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 am

There is a fee. If you choose self study there is a non-refundable $100 application fee. This is only if you do not use an authorized course. For instance, I chose the Career Academy Self Study package and since it is authorized I have the exam code yet it was still a self study package, best of both worlds.
Kerry
MCITP:EA | MCTS(x5) | MCSA+ | MCSE+ | Security + | CCNA | WCSP |
DSCE | PCT |CIW Security Analyst | CSSA
<<

SephStorm

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 am

So do they still request an experience verification at all?
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

lorddicranius

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 am

SephStorm wrote:So do they still request an experience verification at all?

Yep, had to get my manager to write a letter verifying security experience on company letterhead.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

SephStorm

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:40 pm

sounds like a racket to me. :) I just wish I could find someone I could get to test it...  8)
<<

lorddicranius

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:00 pm

SephStorm wrote:sounds like a racket to me. :) I just wish I could find someone I could get to test it...  8)

I went through the whole self study route about a month ago.  I submitted my info to them via their website and they got back to me about everything they'd need.  I had to choose the cert exam I wanted to take (v6 or v7), prove I had at least 2yrs security experience (proven by a letter written by my boss who I've worked for for over 3yrs now), pay a $100 fee because I chose the self study route (as Solinus said, if you pay for the authorized course, you don't pay the $100 fee), send a copy of photo ID, then they get back to you with a voucher code that you apply when you sign up through Pearson Vue or whoever you're taking the exam through.  Without the voucher code from EC-Council, you aren't able to buy the exam voucher.

I typed this up real quick as I gotta head out...I hope I covered everything haha
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

venom77

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 am

The only difference now is that the v6 exam is no longer available. The exam is $500. And selecting self-study will, as mentioned, require an additional $100 application fee.
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 am

mmm. my question is, do they just accept this letter at face value.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker