CEHv7 self study

<<

d4ym4n

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 pm

CEHv7 self study

is anyone aware of any self study materials for CEHv7 exam? I know they offer CBT and some training but those are all in the thousand of dollars. I'm looking more for a 80 dollar book. I have the book for v6 of the exam but. being that the test is an extra 250 dollars, I want to make sure i have all my bases covered and review the new material as well.
<<

lorddicranius

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Re: CEHv7 self study

This is the only one I've come across so far:

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide

When you "take a peak inside", on page XX under the section "how to use this book" says it's for v7 of the exam.  I don't have this book so I can't give any impressions of it.  There is 1 5-star review on Amazon for the book, although the reviewer hasn't taken the test yet to verify if it aligns well with the exam questions or not.
Last edited by lorddicranius on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

d4ym4n

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: CEHv7 self study

thanks. i gave ceh a call. because i find their website very cartoonish and hard to navigate.  i guess they are trying to separate the just read a book and take the test people from people who are willing to spend some cash. its 500 for the test. plus 100 for the application fee.  and if i want to get any sort of official study their cheapest method is 750 for course ware.
that book you recommended was published at the beginning of the month so maybe it is for V7. 

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker