Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

BSidesDelaware 2011

BSidesDelaware 2011
November 11 - 12, 2011
New Castle, DE

Cost: Free!

Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members.  The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time.  It creates opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next-big-thing are happening. You don’t want to miss it!

For more info:
http://www.securitybsides.com/w/page/28 ... esDelaware

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Triban

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: BSidesDelaware 2011

Planning on heading down, well not planning, definitely since I got my room booked already.  Last year was fun so a 2-dayer is certainly going to be a good time. 
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

Darktaurus

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Will definitely be there.  Last year's social engineering and lock picking talks were great! And you cannot beat the price. :)
OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CISSP, GPEN

www.agoonie.com
<<

Triban

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:10 am

Anyone else heading down?  We should have an EH meetup :D  Last year I checked on Ironside Brew Pub in Wilmington.  It was pretty good.  There doesn't seem to be much around the New Castle area though or if there was I didn't find it last year.
(@)Dewser
<<

Triban

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 am

It was a good time, talks are up on their ustream links.  We had a great panel discussion on whether the problem with Information Security is our fault or the users - "InfoSec or InfoSuck" was the title.  Sadly there was no coverage on uStream. 

I learned to Lockpick for the first time :D  That will be my new "get away from the keyboard" stress reliever. 

InfoSecJanitor talked about our appliances taking over with the increasing sale of "Smart" Appliances.  Also touched upon the automotive industry implementing Wi-Fi/Bluetooth based censors in cars and that cars are no longer cars but rolling computers just like our phones are no longer phones.  So soon everything will be hackable!  Hack the planet indeed!

It was a good time and full of thought inducing topics!
(@)Dewser

Return to Calendar Of Events