Wireshark cert?

<<

impelse

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Wireshark cert?

That's true, but remember many of us are studying to know how to make the job done very well or begin with a new field that will give you some oportunities right now, not in five years, who know how is going to be the future with wireless
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

YuckTheFankees

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm

That's what I thought and it makes sense. I just hope wireless picks up a little faster!
OSCP in progress
<<

millwalll

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:29 am

I think you don't get a lot of people doing wireless cert as not many companies have wireless they still stick to Ethernet. and the ones that do have wireless have it implemented that the only way to break it is brute force. I think if wireless get faster and new types of standards come out there be more chance of finding issue with it. I mean I have done OSWP and since doing it I don't think I have really used it once. Most companies have network tested and web apps I think my company may get 1 or 2 wireless tester every year if that.
<<

Solinus

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 pm

I will add my two cents as well. When I have a new consultant shadowing me and he asks what he should learn I always list Wireshark as one of the first things to learn. There is no aspect of networking that does not benefit from knowing how to read the packets.  It is helpful in diagnostics, forensics, planning, learning, and so much more. It is a very good foundation for almost all other certs. Everything in a network travels on the cables and if you can understand it, you will be among the top. Of course, none of them ever seem to understand this so I guess I have a job security for a little more time.
Kerry
MCITP:EA | MCTS(x5) | MCSA+ | MCSE+ | Security + | CCNA | WCSP |
DSCE | PCT |CIW Security Analyst | CSSA
<<

YuckTheFankees

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 pm

JamieR and Solinus,

Thanks for insight both of you. I'm beginning to read CWNA material, after a month or so of studying it..I should probably have a better idea if I want to stay on the wireless route. I would really like to be a wireless and linux expert..
OSCP in progress
Previous

Return to Networking