$$ Source_Code $$

<<

O_o

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:49 pm

$$ Source_Code $$

What do you guys/gals think about posting source codes on this forum? I may do this though the souce code will be in python.
ps. can you name some places that offer free source code.
If your computer speaks English, than it was probably made in Japan.
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: $$ Source_Code $$

Lots of folks have posted source, here.  IMHO, it's appropriate, if you have specific comments or questions, are looking for suggestions about it, or want to show something you've been working on. 

What do you have in mind?
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Like Hayabusa said, depends. If your looking to post code just to post code, make a blog. Do it there. Include a link to your blog in the sig file.

If you're having a problem with something that is related to infosec, maybe toss it here and more eyes could help you figure it out.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

O_o

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:10 am

hayabusa wrote:Lots of folks have posted source, here.  IMHO, it's appropriate, if you have specific comments or questions, are looking for suggestions about it, or want to show something you've been working on. 

What do you have in mind?

Well in my other recent post,"Use the FòRÇ£", I talk about how I plan on revolutionizing the brute force by using the distributive property...

A(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,etc.)
AB(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,etc.)
So and so forth but this is mearly an ideal as I have no experience w/bruteforcers. Could anyone point me to a tutorial on how to make a brute forcer in python or if that's not possible what about one on the basics of making a brute force?

ps. please tell me how you fell about my way of revolutionizing the forcer.
If your computer speaks English, than it was probably made in Japan.
<<

rattis

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:35 am

Don't remember if it has brute forcing in it or not, but look in to gray hat python. however, from what you describe, isn't that how John The Ripper works?

A(A-Za-z0-9)
AA(A-Za-z0-9)

Personally I think brute forcing would work better if you could use a dictionary file with the most common passwords, and then flip over to brute attacks later. (And I think some of them do that too).

Problems with brute forcing over all. Brute a remote host, you have to worry about account lockout. So you have to do the attack slower to get it done. With a password file, you still have a time issue. Brute forcing is one of those things that take lots and lots of time.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

rattis

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 am

Also, if you haven't read it, read ESR's How to Become a Hacker. Not really a pen-tester guide, but hacker over all. Older meaning.

It is one thing to understand the tools, and how they work, and how to re-create them when you need to. It is a different thing to reinvent the wheel.
OSWP, Sec+

Return to Programming