Exchanging Courses ? Offensive Security CTP

<<

m0ei

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Exchanging Courses ? Offensive Security CTP

Well i'm really in need to study The offensive Security Cracking the Perimeter Course but i'm not able to pay for it as it's quite expensive and i'm still a student.

I don't really care about the Certificate, i just need the training.

So anyone is willing to exchange with me the CTP course for Heorot Sandan course and SANS Metasploit kung fu ONDEMAND for that course ?

please let me know !
<<

impelse

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Exchanging Courses ? Offensive Security CTP

You have a better option without affecting your "ethical" part:

http://www.securitytube.net/

Also you click in download link and you can download a full dvd with wireless training, I did it today and already watched two videos, they are good or if you prefer you can watch them online.
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

<<

WCNA

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:15 pm

I'd say you should check the licensing agreements for the course you own and the one you want. It may not be transferable. I know it's tough having to pay for these courses out of pocket, especially if you're not working full-time. That said, some courses are ridiculously expensive but a lot of these courses wouldn't be available if everyone just swapped them as the creators have to earn a living too. Some are really quite a bargain considering how valuable the information is.

If you just want to learn, as you say, I'd take Impelse's advice and stick with securitytube......2,048 free infosec videos and counting. Should keep you busy for quite a while. Used books are another option.
ISC2 Associate, WCNA, CWNA, OSCP, Network+
<<

xsurf

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 am

Hi, I think you have to look for some free material try securitytube.net or corelan.be. CTP is cheap if you value the course material.
CCNA, SND
<<

m0ei

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 am

Actually i prefer CTP over others, i know securitytube and I'm a member there. But most videos are no way near ctp.
<<

KrisTeason

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello m0ei,

Welcome to the forums!

I doubt you will get anyone who will willingly trade you their purchased course material at all. Offensive-Security Watermarks their course material (e.g - Accompanying Lab Guide and Course Videos) with the customers personal information (OS-ID, Name, Address, and E-Mail Address). Offensive-Security students who sign-up for the courses agree to accept a ToS Agreement stating that they will not distribute the course material and more. People who distribute or trade this material and Off-Sec finds out about it will instantly get their Certifications revoked (if they have any) as well as possibly legal action sought against them (I do believe this was stated in the contract).

You would be better off saving up and taking the course yourself.

Cheers,

Kris
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

cd1zz

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Shame on you. Pay for the course. Offsec spent countless hours developing that material and you should pay them for the opportunity to look at it.
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am

Like Kris and cd1zz said, i am sure nobody will trade you their course, because of the previous stated reasons. also the CTP course is a bargain compared to other courses, which cost 3 or 4 times more, easy! and you have the benefit to practice in the labs. just save up for a few months (buy a few less games and you will be fine  ;)) and take the course yourself, in the end it pays off and as a little bonus you will receive the certificate.
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

SecMan

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:12 am

As mentioned, legally, no one will provide you with the CTP material.  Even if someone gave you the CTP material, the course wouldn't be very useful without the lab.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:06 am

Topic locked.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional